+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v AFC Bournemouth Match Thoughts

Special mention to Callum Brittain tonight who I thought was excellent both defensively and going forward .

Our man of the match by some distance .

No complaints. Bournemouth's quality told. On another night we score when we were on top in the first aif and it changes the complexion of the game. We tried but we weren't quite good enough tonight and it certainly weren't our night.

Still pleased with the performance. Disappointed with scoreline but it isn't summat to get downbeat abart. We were beaten by a better side. This type of thing can happen against quality opponents, especially with Ismael and his high press system. Move on, don't dwell on it and get on with the next fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    No complaints. Bournemouth's quality told. On another night we score when we were on top in the first aif and it changes the complexion of the game. We tried but we weren't quite good enough tonight and it certainly weren't our night.

Still pleased with the performance. Disappointed with scoreline but it isn't summat to get downbeat abart. We were beaten by a better side. This type of thing can happen against quality opponents, especially with Ismael and his high press system. Move on, don't dwell on it and get on with the next fixtures.
    Proper fecked me off did Woodrow's error Pass .

Get in at halftime 0-1 after a decent spell and still in the game and who knows mate .

I'm going to let it ride with this strategy we have but ain't defending that ....... feckin hell .

That was the moment we were out of the game tonight .

He's no kid , absolutely indefensible .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 04-12-2020 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Get in at halftime 0-1 after a decent spell and still in the game and who knows mate .

I'm going to let it ride with this strategy we have but ain't defending that ....... feckin hell .

I think too much is being made of Bournemouth. Yes they had first 20 mins, but we arguably had the rest of the half and 2 or 3 chances.
    Walton to blame for 2 of the goals. The free kick one was shocking goalkeeping - why set yourself up covering your near post to then get beaten at it!

We need to learn to cheat more effectively and leg players up in dangerous positions. We gave a decent team too much respect.
    I said it before the game- Matty James should’ve started

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    ............ ‘goals galore’ ....... ???
    If there is - then it won’t be us that’s scoring them.
    I’d guess at 0-2.
    However - if (and it’s a HUGE IF) our strikers get their act together and start hitting the target then we could actually beat these.
    Yep .... goals galore.

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    I think too much is being made of Bournemouth. Yes they had first 20 mins, but we arguably had the rest of the half and 2 or 3 chances.
    Walton to blame for 2 of the goals. The free kick one was shocking goalkeeping - why set yourself up covering your near post to then get beaten at it!

We need to learn to cheat more effectively and leg players up in dangerous positions. We gave a decent team too much respect.
    Nope.
    Walton wasn’t responsible for any of the goals.
    Watch the match back and for each goal take note of:
    1 Styles.
    2 Woodrow.
    3 Mads
    4 Kane

All 4 goals presented on a plate for Bornmuff.
    That’s not taking anything away from Bornmuff as they are far the best team we have played so far - BUT - if our players make blatant schoolboy mistakes then we are going to make it easy for them to score.
    And that’s exactly what we did.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Yes it was a big blunder by Woodrow but had it come off we were in behind Bournemouth if tha looks. Fine margins. Tha gave Callum Brittain MOTM which I agree wi but he did two extravagant bits of skill in defensive positions which could cost goals if they dint come off.

Listen I totally get what you're saying. I was tearing my hair out too at the time, Woodrow wanted the ground to swallow him up. However on reflection during the H/T interval, I thought again.
    It's just the way we play mate and it takes some accepting.

Players express themselves, its risk/reward football and by the text book can look very naive at times. However, on another night Woodrow pulls it off and we score the equaliser on the stroke of half time which changes the whole game.

Thee watch Liverpool. They mek some big blunders and concede daft goals because they try all sorts of unorthodox innovative stuff to try and open up the opposition. Leeds do exactly the same too. It's how it goes when tha laiks a high press, tha gambles and teks risks. The difference is that liverpool have the quality in the final third to take chances and outscore their opponents, we haven't and Leeds haven't quite got it either.

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post

Some fair points made Renno and I agree that Matty James should've started.

This defeat can be filed away. It’s a battering, but I’m realistic enough to say we will probably have 3 or four more of these results before the season ends. We’re doing ok. Not overjoyed at the result, but they are a good attacking team. We will be ok, perhaps last nights result shows us that we should “Know our place”...........
    on another point, has anyone else been grated by Mark Crossleys commentary?

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Yes it was a big blunder by Woodrow but had it come off we were in behind Bournemouth if tha looks. Fine margins. Tha gave Callum Brittain MOTM which I agree wi but he did two extravagant bits of skill in defensive positions which could cost goals if they dint come off.

Listen I totally get what you're saying. I was tearing my hair out too at the time, Woodrow wanted the ground to swallow him up. However on reflection during the H/T interval, I thought again.
    It's just the way we play mate and it takes some accepting.

Players express themselves, its risk/reward football and by the text book can look very naive at times. However, on another night Woodrow pulls it off and we score the equaliser on the stroke of half time which changes the whole game.

Thee watch Liverpool. They mek some big blunders and concede daft goals because they try all sorts of unorthodox innovative stuff to try and open up the opposition. Leeds do exactly the same too. It's how it goes when tha laiks a high press, tha gambles and teks risks. The difference is that liverpool have the quality in the final third to take chances and outscore their opponents, we haven't and Leeds haven't quite got it either.
    Spot on..... it’s how we play...... sometimes it’ll give you a bloody nose, but it’s refreshing to see us doing some of the unorthodox inventive stuff for a change. ( especially the different set piece stuff we’ve seen lately, rather than the “blast it “ stuff)....It’s good to watch, yet there’s a risk to it. I’d take this over being a dour boring team.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast