+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We were beaten by a better team - Warne

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Had a couple of weeks in Phuket a few years ago.

Still can’t even say that right.

Of course there are lots of better teams than us in this division, that's why we're 20th. But let's not forget that there are also lots of teams in this division who have experienced football at the highest level with all that brings and/or have owners with very deep pockets. Rotherham are always likely to struggle to attract the obviously outstanding players and our recruitment team must work pretty damned hard to unearth talent likely to do well here. That doesn't stop us trying and hoping - we've unearthed them in the past - but I think we'll do well to get established in this division. And the first season is probably the hardest. Keep on hoping. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    Of course there are lots of better teams than us in this division, that's why we're 20th. But let's not forget that there are also lots of teams in this division who have experienced football at the highest level with all that brings and/or have owners with very deep pockets. Rotherham are always likely to struggle to attract the obviously outstanding players and our recruitment team must work pretty damned hard to unearth talent likely to do well here. That doesn't stop us trying and hoping - we've unearthed them in the past - but I think we'll do well to get established in this division. And the first season is probably the hardest. Keep on hoping. UTM
    I don’t think we’ve found our feet yet, imo we’re well better than 20th

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Well said

I don’t think the average Millers fan is too upset when beaten by a better team. What narks them is when it looks as though they aren’t giving it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I don’t think the average Millers fan is too upset when beaten by a better team. What narks them is when it looks as though they aren’t giving it a go.
    It’s all I ask. I don’t rate Vas as a footballer what so ever but you can see the effort is there.

Warne/ players/ resources not good enough for Championship as we all know.

But from a business point of view, Championship football every other season is pretty good.

Warne will only be given the boot if the team aren't promoted again next season.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Warne/ players/ resources not good enough for Championship as we all know.

But from a business point of view, Championship football every other season is pretty good.

Warne will only be given the boot if the team aren't promoted again next season.
    Like any other managerial sacking what needs to be considered is who will the replacement be and will that replacement do any better under the business model of the club?

Paul Warne is a very good fit for RUFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Its is not true though is it. You just need to read this message board to disprove your theory.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

Inability due to injuries/ loss of form / suspensions have prevented us from getting and maintaining a settled frontline/ backline.
    We are better than 20th, however 20th at the end of the season will be a successful season.

.....U.T.M.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast