+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Best Christmas film

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Yes, a wonderful film with the scariest baddie as MM says. Bit of trivia for you, there's a Medders lad in the film. My dad's best friend was working for Rolls Royce when the film was being made and was asked to look after the vintage cars on set. They let him appear several times in the film as the uniformed chauffeur. Notts supporters get everywhere.
    That's brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    That's brilliant!
    It was so bizarre as a child seeing him on screen in the cinema.

You started with a great film Swale, and very impressive being able to remember the exact cinema. Think mine was Jungle Book, on holiday in South Wales (so probably Barry, we knew how to live!).

Christmas films are generally sh!t.

Krampus isn’t bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hucknalltorkard2 View Post
    Muppets Christmas carol and polar express in 3d
    My daughter loved Muppets Christmas Carol - and Elf. Some great films mentioned. I have been looking at Netflix's new Christmas films, boy they are poor.

The first film I ever saw at the cinema. I think it was at The Futurist in Basford.

Incidentally, did you know there's another perhaps tenuous Nottingham connection with the film? Rowland Emett of Vic. Centre Water Clock fame created many of Caractacus Potts' 'inventions' for the film

Attachment 17680
    I think I saw it there too!

I also remember when they opened Tesco in Arnold (Front St - I think where Boots is / was) Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was parked outside.

Had no idea about the clock inventor connection Swale. That's an incredible contraption.

Funnily enough we were talking about the old Victoria market mushy peas last night. Surely the best in the world.

Had no idea about the clock inventor connection Swale. That's an incredible contraption.

Funnily enough we were talking about the old Victoria market mushy peas last night. Surely the best in the world.
    They were great but they were even better from Central Market

They were great but they were even better from Central Market
    Ooo hang on, am I getting mixed up? The place I remember was a market which was bleddy cold, high ceilings and I think the pea stall was near a big door?? Left Nottingham when I was 9 so may have got the wrong market.

Ooo hang on, am I getting mixed up? The place I remember was a market which was bleddy cold, high ceilings and I think the pea stall was near a big door?? Left Nottingham when I was 9 so may have got the wrong market.
    That sounds like Central Market to me. Mind you, at up to 9 years old all doors look big and all ceilings are tall

Name:  B0tY_tnIUAATHW-.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  61.7 KB

That's the market I remember! Cheers Swale.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast