+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Best Christmas film

O/T:- Best Christmas film

Scrooge I think, with Alistair Sim. Although I like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, too. Can't be doing with Elf.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 04-12-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Sorry Woody, Elf the best family fun laugh your socks off crimbo film going. Alternatively if its a nostalgic cuddle up in front of the fire with a glass of shiraz type of night then What a Wonderful Life is hard to beat.

Die Hard

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Die Hard
    Although a great film I don't see Die Hard as a Christmas film just because the plot is set near to Christmas. For me, it has to be 'Its a Wonderful Life' with James Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Sorry Woody, Elf the best family fun laugh your socks off crimbo film going. Alternatively if its a nostalgic cuddle up in front of the fire with a glass of shiraz type of night then What a Wonderful Life is hard to beat.
    Obviously I meant "It's" a Wonderful Life!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Obviously I meant "It's" a Wonderful Life!
    Think I'm the only person who doesn't enjoy that film. Everyone seems to love it.

Home Alone 2 is the film that announces Christmas for us. Favourite film though is the black and white A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Think I'm the only person who doesn't enjoy that film. Everyone seems to love it.

Home Alone 2 is the film that announces Christmas for us. Favourite film though is the black and white A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim.
    I suppose it's a childhood memory thing, a bit like White Christmas, which I really like as well but couldn't possibly admit to liking a Christmas musical on a testosterone fuelled football forum!

Home alone or elf.

The ‘Internet Movie Database’ site gives a list of ‘The Top 100 Christmas Movies Of All Time’.

Here’s their Top 10

1. Die Hard (776,485 votes)
    2. Home Alone (461,108)
    3. Edward Scissorhands (443,344)
    4. Love Actually (420,544)
    5. It’s A Wonderful Life (392,468)
    6. The Nightmare Before Christmas (295,025)
    7. Batman Returns (271,992)
    8. Shazam! (247,913)
    9. Lethal Weapon (234,516)
    10. Elf (215,422)

Out of that lot, my vote would go to Batman Returns. You can’t beat Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman at Christmas, or any other time of the year for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post

I hadn't watched the Alastair Sim version until last Christmas. Really enjoyed it though.

I keep saying that I must watch Elf!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast