+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Best Christmas film

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Christmas films are generally sh!t.

Krampus isn’t bad though.
    Yeah, Krampus is good and there are a couple of Scandanavian versions of that as well which are quite good, I think that's where it originated from?

I'm going to give Krampus a go tomorrow.

Deck the Halls is a favourite that my daughter and I love to watch. Also love Jingle All The Way with Arnie.

There's a version of A Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart I really like and also love Trading Places, although it's not strictly a Christmas film.

Scrooge (starring Albert Finney). Guess what? First time I ever saw it (I was 8) at the Futurist on Valley Rd - yes indeed! a wonderful art deco palace.

Sound of Music. It's not about Christmas, but it was always on TV at Christmas, and Rodgers music is "bwilliant".

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Yeah, Krampus is good and there are a couple of Scandanavian versions of that as well which are quite good, I think that's where it originated from?
    Haven’t seen those other films but I think it’s a German/Austrian tradition.

Personally I think the idea of Santa’s evil brother coming to scare naughty kids is a good and one we should adopt.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Isn't that the cinema that was in Sherwood?

For me Natinal Lampoons is the best Christmas film but also love Home Alone 1 & 2.

One some people might not have seen is Arthur Christmas which is a brilliant film.

Home Alone all day long.

For anybody born in the 80's, this film is a slice of nostalgia. It does things to me. Even the sound track makes me as giddy as a kipper.

Re Elf, anything with Will Ferrell makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Just don't find that sort of humour funny. Same with Jim Carey. Not for me.

It's a wonderful life and Elf ,
    Films that were always on at Christmas and use to love were
    Those magnificent men in their flying machine and the Great Escape, not a hint of Christmas about them but they still remind me of Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffthewalls View Post
    Isn't that the cinema that was in Sherwood?

For me Natinal Lampoons is the best Christmas film but also love Home Alone 1 & 2.

One some people might not have seen is Arthur Christmas which is a brilliant film.
    Having looked at it again you could be right! It was later a Kwik Save if I remember rightly too. I'll double check.

EDIT: Yep, you're spot on...this is The Futurist. The one in Sherwood I posted in error was The Metropole

Name:  large.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  16.6 KB
    Last edited by SwalePie; 04-12-2020 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Haven’t seen those other films but I think it’s a German/Austrian tradition.

Personally I think the idea of Santa’s evil brother coming to scare naughty kids is a good and one we should adopt.
    You're right, I just looked it up and Krampus is a common tale in most Central and Eastern European countries, I think one of the foreign Krampus films we watched was Swedish which is probably why I thought that. Either way it is a great concept as you suggest.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast