+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Millwall today?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    so which is the biggest surprise. Derby winning or Millwall fans booing the BLM knee. Fans back, prejudices back. Thats Millwall for you
    Derby's win o fcourse, the reaction of a certain section of Millwall fans could have been predicted! Not exactly known for their nuanced view on life are they?

Well done rA, clearly your reverse psychology won the day!!
    More intensity in evidence, no Prima donnas (listening Lawrence??)
    Defence looked on it today though Millwall looked as toothless as we have. Let's hope it's a foundation for the rest of the season, much graft ahead and certainly tougher tests.

Mat Clarke had another few moments of indecisivness I see

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Well done rA, clearly your reverse psychology won the day!!
    More intensity in evidence, no Prima donnas (listening Lawrence??)
    Defence looked on it today though Millwall looked as toothless as we have. Let's hope it's a foundation for the rest of the season, much graft ahead and certainly tougher tests.
    Think it’ll take more than a bit of ‘reverse psychology’ on Wednesday, mac, but there seems to be evidence of improvement and we have to start somewhere.

I hope you liked your Xmas present from the Lions, no, we were rubbish I must say although you had 4or 5 yellows. I see that the fans booing the kneel was reported in the press but I have to ask why are we kneeling every single match. We only pay homage to our heroes who died for us once a year, it should not continue like this, maybe once a year is sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    I hope you liked your Xmas present from the Lions, no, we were rubbish I must say although you had 4or 5 yellows. I see that the fans booing the kneel was reported in the press but I have to ask why are we kneeling every single match. We only pay homage to our heroes who died for us once a year, it should not continue like this, maybe once a year is sufficient.
    Nice to hear from a rival fan who can take it on the chin. Agree about the knee thing, well put.

Not sure you can compare the two. One is something done out of remembrance and the other has been born out of an attempt to bring about change.
    It’s one thing to raise the question you have but another to ‘boo’ today. Suspect we all know the motivation of those, hopefully a minority, who booed today.

Hey up Claw, and let me say I say agree with you and your fans 100% here.
    I think the idea of 'kneeing' (if you can call it that) was a positive one to begin with. But its appalling that its been done for so long now and none of us are allowed to say owt against it ?.

Can't disagree that we've seen enough kneeling now and perhaps if more "crowds" express it over the coming weeks it may stop, but think of all the snowflakes who will melt down at the thought of ceasing.

You can't really compare it to remembrance day etc. That is honouring a past action, knelling is protesting a current action. Quite different, but I can't help but feel that it's more for show in many cases, smacking if insincerity

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Can't disagree that we've seen enough kneeling now and perhaps if more "crowds" express it over the coming weeks it may stop, but think of all the snowflakes who will melt down at the thought of ceasing.

You can't really compare it to remembrance day etc. That is honouring a past action, knelling is protesting a current action. Quite different, but I can't help but feel that it's more for show in many cases, smacking if insincerity
    Yeah right, because we all know this matter has been resolved right?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)