+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pace...

Phew that's a relief!. I always liked Norman Pace (as well as Gareth Hale), and I thought this was a tribute thread to Pace lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    We can add Werner of Chelsea to the list. Almost £47 million and stood on the far post less than two feet from the net and had two attempts to score ----and we moan about McNeil.
    second half to go Sub...will he make amends ? - and isn't he their highest goal scorer so-far ?

We can add Werner of Chelsea to the list. Almost £47 million and stood on the far post less than two feet from the net and had two attempts to score ----and we moan about McNeil.
    West Ham's Haller against United, clean through, dribbled round Henderson, then as he was about to put the ball into net.....he fell over. I don't think any of our strikers miss more than any other PL strikers do, they all miss them, lots of them and easy ones as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    second half to go Sub...will he make amends ? - and isn't he their highest goal scorer so-far ?

He missed another sitter but then set up Chelsea's third goal for Pulisic. Really sad seeing Leeds get beat and our form over the last 5 games is better than theirs! Unglaublich!

I saw the Haller one too, that was crazy.

Worse he stopped the ball from going over the line on its own to be greedy and claim it but failed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Hate to say it, but I really don't think Lowton and McNeil are EPL quality.

A really good player would have buried the chance McNeil got late on to win it.

Frank Casper would have broke the net.
    It’s hard to criticise the young man I think based on his age - he certainly has talent in abundance but I think it’s wasted out wide.

The things that I struggle with are he switches off and let’s runners go a lot - however you could argue we ask him to do a lot of chasing back when In a more possession based team he’d probably excel.

One of our issues is the amount of chances we create is minimal so when our forwards do miss them it generally hurts us , whereas other teams create more chances so misses don’t effect them as much as us.

Going back to the original post Pace , I’ve been Banging on about it for some time and if we don’t address it as early as January we will pay dearly for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Hate to say it, but I really don't think Lowton and McNeil are EPL quality.

A really good player would have buried the chance McNeil got late on to win it.

Frank Casper would have broke the net.
    It’s hard to criticise the young man I think based on his age - he certainly has talent in abundance but I think it’s wasted out wide.

The things that I struggle with are he switches off and let’s runners go a lot - however you could argue we ask him to do a lot of chasing back when In a more possession based team he’d probably excel.

One of our issues is the amount of chances we create is minimal so when our forwards do miss them it generally hurts us , whereas other teams create more chances so misses don’t effect them as much as us.

Going back to the original post Pace , I’ve been Banging on about it for some time and if we don’t address it as early as January we will pay dearly for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)