+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Woking 05.12.20 [NL]

A good day's work from the lads - nothing more, nothing less.

Starting to be cautiously optimistic now.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    What was that about Wooton Carlton?
    Not as good as last season...the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Undefeated in 5. Defensively we are starting to look solid and 3 clean sheets in a week supports that. Up to 3rd in the league.
    I would say that we can start to think we are at the right end and can dream of promotion, like a few other teams will be. Torquay appear to be the team to chase as it stands.
    We are not playing consistently well

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Not as good as last season...the same.
    Well, only time will tell, it's still early days. I make that 5 goals in 11 for Wotton. If he carries on with that ratio that will be 20 in 44...decent return.

I said on Wednesday after Dagenham that we would play worse and win but did not expect it be the next game.

That was exactly the kind of game we will play at this level on many occasions that we will need to win to get promoted. It was scrappy sloppy and the typical Notts possession and passing based performance was not there as we have seen in recent games due to it being nullified by the opposition. Likewise the performance was nothing like as good as we have seen.

However the 1-0 wins titles and what we did do though is remained strong and resolute defensively and kept working and going. Ultimately it paid off especially bringing Enzio on.

The positives are that we have now kept three clean sheets and are unbeaten in five which is a good run. We are still 8 points behind Torquay and that shows that it’s not going to be easy, but as long as we can keep up with them and chip away at that gap over Christmas and New Year we can be positive going forward.

Home games only table - 4th
    Away games only table- 11th

Average goals per game - 6th
    Average goals against - 4th

Level again with the Munto season after 11 games, 2 points behind Allardyce's champs at this stage.

... well done Notts. Kyle has been off form for quite a while; summed up by the pen miss ... but is playing through it, so well done to him too. MOM for me, DK-E, I'll give him an 8.

The subs were effective. Enzio was excellent, JOB helped with ball retention. Great 3 points - 4 points from the last 2 games is decent and probably about fair. If we can keep up the defensive work the unbeaten run can continue. COYP!

A dull, scrappy game and an uninspiring performance, but a very welcome three points. Great bit of work by Enzio to put it on a plate for Wootton, and we saw the game out comfortably after that.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast