+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Woking 05.12.20 [NL]

Nobody will pick on you if it's only the Dog and Duck, Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I never say, as most of us wanna keep private, but never Notts unfortunately, nor did the chance come up. But the reason why I defend Ardley around he doesn’t motivate players is rubbish, footballers at all levels only give a monkeys about themselves, the managers are only any good if he picks you, in reality the best managers are the ones that make you feel important when yer not being picked regularly and get yer fighting for that place and I reckon Ardley is one of them.
    Must be Mansfield. I wouldn't admit it either!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Maybe it's an age thing, but I find all this talk of 'fatigue' a load of bollox. These are blokes in the prime years of their physical health and they can't run around for 90 minutes twice a week without getting 'fatigued'?
    Curious. What do you think fatigue means? What do you think the club means by fatigue? What do you think a physiologist would understand by fatigue?

You may use google for some insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Curious. What do you think fatigue means? What do you think the club means by fatigue? What do you think a physiologist would understand by fatigue?

I await the insight to. Some folk were comparing Enzio with Doyle. Difference is that Enzio has a fair degree of speed and comparatively speaking explosive acceleration which makes him a higher risk to muscle fatigue.
    How often do marathon runners pull hamstrings compared to sprinters?

My classification of fatigue in this sense is being too tired to play 90 minutes of football effectively twice a week. When did this happen? When did the human species become so fragile? I don't remember Jimmy Sirrel changing his best XI because some of them were 'fatigued'.

My classification of fatigue in this sense is being too tired to play 90 minutes of football effectively twice a week.
    You need to add to that "at the energy levels the managers and sport scientists demand whilst avoiding risk of injury".

When did this happen? When did the human species become so fragile?
    Fragile? Or pushed to their physiological limits?

I don't remember Jimmy Sirrel changing his best XI because some of them were 'fatigued'.
    I'd wager (hey, you'd like that) that these fatigued players would run rings around you over 90 mins when you were at what you thought was your fittest.

It would have been interesting to see the stats of players from Sirrel's time compared to now. Anyway, you still haven't looked it up have you?

Maybe it's an age thing, but I find all this talk of 'fatigue' a load of bollox. These are blokes in the prime years of their physical health and they can't run around for 90 minutes twice a week without getting 'fatigued'?
    Yeah it's an "age thing".

Anyone seen Durhampie?

You need to add to that "at the energy levels the managers and sport scientists demand whilst avoiding risk of injury".
    So did the sports scientists say that Enzio (for example) was able to play 34 minutes (for example) at maximum energy level, and anything longer would have left him tired and at risk of injury? Does that mean the timing of his appearance yesterday was decided by the sports scientists rather than the manager? Does all this make Doyle almost superhuman?

I'd wager (hey, you'd like that) that these fatigued players would run rings around you over 90 mins when you were at what you thought was your fittest.
    I don't really get what you're trying to say on that one. I often played at 2pm on a Saturday and 10.30am the following day, and even though the standard was obviously much lower I was always still going strong at the final whistle. I just don't see how covering a maximum of around 10K over 90 minutes with plenty of recovery pauses two times in seven days is suddenly so demanding.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Yeah it's an "age thing".

Anyone seen Durhampie?

Ive had a few days off suffering with fatigue....

Highlights:

No sound on my puter, no idea why.

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk...ntre/1-6405358

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast