+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: I bet TS regrets giving PW a new contract

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Think Warney was the classical case of not learning his trade as a right hand man to an experienced manager. On hindsight this is what should have happened.He has been thrown in the deep end and has just had to muddle thru the best he can which he has to a degree to his credit but he has had no guidance because of this.Why not get Ronnie in to help him out even if only in an advisory capacity? I don't see how this could make things worse.
    I posted when Warne got the job, that he needed a mentor to show him the management trade, I said someone like John Ward, who learnt his trade under Graham Taylor at Lincoln, Watford & Aston Villa, been assistant manager at Wolves when Colin Lee was manager & Dave Jones was manager in promotion to premier league with Wolves.
    Got promotion as manager with Cheltenham, Bristol City, also lost in the play offs while manager at Carlisle, against Leeds United. A seasoned professional manager, knows the ropes, he would have been the ideal man to show Warne how to hone his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I posted when Warne got the job, that he needed a mentor to show him the management trade, I said someone like John Ward, who learnt his trade under Graham Taylor at Lincoln, Watford & Aston Villa, been assistant manager at Wolves when Colin Lee was manager & Dave Jones was manager in promotion to premier league with Wolves.
    Got promotion as manager with Cheltenham, Bristol City, also lost in the play offs while manager at Carlisle, against Leeds United. A seasoned professional manager, knows the ropes, he would have been the ideal man to show Warne how to hone his career.
    It made sense when you posted it then and still does today.

Personally, I don't think the old pals act of Warne and Barker actually work at this level. We could post things all day long where we think it's going wrong but facts are facts, five first team players out is costing us big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Personally, I don't think the old pals act of Warne and Barker actually work at this level. We could post things all day long where we think it's going wrong but facts are facts, five first team players out is costing us big time.
    Yes it's a fair point and also an obvious one
    Arguably our best or most effective players too

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    No one is saying that Warny has it easy mate as any team would miss 5 players but the fact remains that his tactical choices and team selection are not great when you concider his track record in this division. Anyway this is his squad and if he thought they were 2nd raters he should not have got them in should he!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617