+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: I bet TS regrets giving PW a new contract

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    More likely we didn't make NW an offer we couldn't afford but that was maybe a mistake?
    TS did, but Warnock wanted double what was offered. It would blow your mind if you knew what he asked for.

There was a way around this but Warnock wasn't having any of it, he duly went to Cardiff and said Rotherham are offering me this can you match it or top it, the rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    TS did, but Warnock wanted double what was offered. It would blow your mind if you knew what he asked for.

There was a way around this but Warnock wasn't having any of it, he duly went to Cardiff and said Rotherham are offering me this can you match it or top it, the rest is history.
    And that’s why PW is safe, the right man at the right price

I think not whether he regretted it,but I would say the timing was wrong.by that I mean maybe I would have said there”s a new deal at end of season if you keep us up.keeps warne focussed and not on easy street that he stays if we go down like previous seasons.4 seasons as player i used think you may go abit stale.so maybe it just a kind of different approach to the structure and timing of the deal was needed.

[QUOTE=Grist_To_The_Mill;39638939]There’s no way TS will boot PW out.

Exactly, why would Tony Stewart sack him. When the time comes Paul Warne will walk away. If results don't improve over the next couple of months and it gets to a position whereby relegation is nailed on then PW would consider walking away.
    Shouldn't the players take a little bit of criticism, PW picks the team / formation and then it's up to the players to entertain and perform as a TEAM.

TS will not sack PW for one simple reason " he is a chairmans dream manager " £7,000,000 for promotion to championship, spend £2,000,000 for the season. Get religated, spend £2,000,000 to get promoted to championship, get £7,000,000 spend £2,000,000 get religate and so on. Easy Money for TS and he is very happy with that for a result.

[QUOTE=Godsend.F.C.;39639252]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    There’s no way TS will boot PW out.

Exactly, why would Tony Stewart sack him. When the time comes Paul Warne will walk away. If results don't improve over the next couple of months and it gets to a position whereby relegation is nailed on then PW would consider walking away.
    Shouldn't the players take a little bit of criticism, PW picks the team / formation and then it's up to the players to entertain and perform as a TEAM.
    Paul Warne should take the blame, you said it, PW picks the team / formation, so the results go against us, wrong team & tactics selected by PW, down to the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    TS will not sack PW for one simple reason " he is a chairmans dream manager " £7,000,000 for promotion to championship, spend £2,000,000 for the season. Get religated, spend £2,000,000 to get promoted to championship, get £7,000,000 spend £2,000,000 get religate and so on. Easy Money for TS and he is very happy with that for a result.
    Not a bad plan really if it keeps following that pattern. Miss out on a return to Championship though and it falls apart

Give these players to a proven manager and you would get different results .Problem is he's too nice. Can you imagine him ever *******ing a player ? . Things have to change fast . Do you think Derby and Florist will hang around at the bottom for much longer? Wycombe have picked up lately as well can see us going down with Washday at this rate. Big ladOS has hit the nail on the head .

[QUOTE=Ericsladkilnhurst;39639398]

Paul Warne should take the blame, you said it, PW picks the team / formation, so the results go against us, wrong team & tactics selected by PW, down to the manager.

Have another look at the first goal, long ball straight onto the strikers chest, he lays it off to his strike partner. Have a look what Mattock is doing and who he's supposed to be marking. The player was past him as he stood ball watching. Same goes for the second goal, blues striker first to react and no marking whatsoever. Third goal was slack marking on the far post.
    It’s only a month ago we beat Preston, last week a battling performance against Bournemouth playing 3-5-2. I didn't read too many moaning about tactics then.
    Expect 4-5-1 against Watford. that should cause uproar on here.
    Blame PW by all means but the players have their responsibilities as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Not a bad plan really if it keeps following that pattern. Miss out on a return to Championship though and it falls apart
    The thing is that with this being the 3rd time in champ over 6 years he is 10,000,000 maybe 12,000,000 up so can afford 3 or 4 chances to have a go at it and still be well in front money wise.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast