+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

We were pour today.

For something to work in one match doesn't mean that it'll work in another.

At least the problem was sorted at half time.

I can't knock any of you for being upset with today. It wasn't good but for fücks sake give your heads a wobble!

Get up tomorrow and go for a walk! Enjoy what's out there with a loved one and put things in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    We were pour today.

For something to work in one match doesn't mean that it'll work in another.

At least the problem was sorted at half time.

I can't knock any of you for being upset with today. It wasn't good but for fücks sake give your heads a wobble!

Get up tomorrow and go for a walk! Enjoy what's out there with a loved one and put things in perspective.
    I’m up at 8 tomorrow Frog 1 hour drive and need to beat 32 other players who have much higher handicaps than my 5 ...and it’s going to piss it down

......and people used to criticise 4-5-1. 😉
    Ironically it looks like that could be our most likely formation now when you consider the players at our disposal and the lack of success with most of the other lineups.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    ......and people used to criticise 4-5-1. ��
    Ironically it looks like that could be our most likely formation now when you consider the players at our disposal and the lack of success with most of the other lineups.
    Tactics will stay the same so formation will change nowt im afraid.

totally unacceptable from the team and our staff, if that's the best we can do with the tactics, then time to go bacause it was the poorest performance i've seen for a while. What PW will say about it, only you can guess.

3 defenders with 2 attackers, and we leave 1 unmarked and he scores............
    2 defenders in each others way and they score.......
    No one marking the last defender and he scores................

total shambles from the 1st minute.......
    MOM......................you're having a laugh.............

If PW doesnt say what we watched then leave him there..........

As I said in the pre match thread, we have a very poor record in 6 pointer 'must win' games and also in games where the general fan consensus is that we 'should win'. Coventry are on a decent run and obviously we didn't help ourselves in the way we played. That 4 point gap above is is looking very wide at the moment but who knows what will happen Tuesday? Just 7 days ago we were unlucky not to beat Bournemouth but naturally that's been forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Tactics will stay the same so formation will change nowt im afraid.
    I agree but, I hesitate to say it, we have generally looked more secure with 4-5-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Warne needs to look in the mirror, & realise his tactics in the championship do not work, needs to change direction with new ideas, otherwise the trap door to division one will beckon.
    Eric, Warne is caught between a rock and a hard place. He plays 1 up front and gets lambasted for being negative. We play 2 and the problem is elsewhere but the response is just the same.

Why can't some fans (Paul the so-called Miller is the best example) just accept that we are not going to win every match or even the majority. Look at Man City and Barca this year. Why can't some fans accept that not all footballers start with the same ability? We have a league 1 team playing in a higher division and against better (more skilful and intelligent) players.

Success at this level is usually a question of economics. We don't have the money to invest. Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Yes, bad to watch Wrinks, and I really feel for those watching it without alcohol.

Blackman had a good game - his back 17 didn't.

We will get better. Calling for the manager's head without any positive alternatives (at our spending capacity) are stupid.
    I think you've nailed it re the booze Peri. The pain of a bad result can be dulled a bit by the pre-match pint, meeting mates etc. Watching it on a screen with the missus likely to disturb you at any minute (she just wouldn't listen your honour) merely exacerbates the pain

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Just 7 days ago we were unlucky not to beat Bournemouth but naturally that's been forgotten.
    Some posters on here appear to have memories that would challenge a goldfish

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast