+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

Whilst 4-4-2 seems like a good idea as an alternative I just don't think we have two strikers who perform well enough to make a difference and give the opposition a hard time.
    So in my view playing two up front is a bit of a wasted resource. It would have worked if Hirst had been the wonderkid we had hoped for but he isn't and doesn't look like he's improving at all.
    My preference would be to go back to 4-5-1 with a view to pushing some of the midfielders further forward at certain periods of the game. Miller can play as a no10 as he did at Hamilton Accie and Wiles, Crookes and Lindsay know where the goal is

My MotM....Jamal Blackman.

Positives from today....Owls, Forest lost, Wycombe were unlucky and got pegged back late on.
    Plenty of negatives, too many to mention.
    I expected 4-4-2 after 30mins and it didn't happen. Give Mark Robins and Coventry City some credit, they pulled us apart at times combined with some poor defending.

He needs to get them in Sunday and make them watch the whole 95mins. and make them explain one by one on that performance.
    Agree with Lolmorgan, we need an experienced Director of football to assist them till the end of the season.
    No good getting rid of the manager, the players are still the same.

EDIT : back to 4-5-1 against Watford and it's on Sky red button...
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 05-12-2020 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    3-5-2 with Woody as part of the back three is just unfair. It's unfair on him as he need cover and help now and again and it's unfair on the rest of the team. We were set up to fail.
    Disappointing, very disappointing
    Down to Warne's tactics & selection, time for Warne to kick his sen up the ar*e.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    After reading most post i can understand why people are saying calm down, PW hasn't much of a budget and not as good players as some teams.......BUT...

...today, we couldn't string 3 passes together. Think Wiles needs a rest to recharge. Passes going astray and lumped up to no one. We have player who can't trap a bag of sand.....Worse of all, we had no organisation anywhere, no leaders and......NO mom....(maybe Blackman)
    Regarding Wiles. His batteries won't run forever but some of his vision and passing was much better most

There was some very poor defending involving Wood and Mattock.Coventry were gifted two early goals and then just bossed it without doing any special.Why are Thompson and Clarke on the bench plus the most creative Barlaser not used? Warney said we looked jaded against Brentford but made no changes for this match today.Why not?Robbins has collected his Christmas present early this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    My MotM....Jamal Blackman.

Positives from today....Owls, Forest lost, Wycombe were unlucky and got pegged back late on.
    Plenty of negatives, too many to mention.
    I expected 4-4-2 after 30mins and it didn't happen. Give Mark Robins and Coventry City some credit, they pulled us apart at times combined with some poor defending.

He needs to get them in Sunday and make them watch the whole 95mins. and make them explain one by one on that performance.
    Agree with Lolmorgan, we need an experienced Director of football to assist them till the end of the season.
    No good getting rid of the manager, the players are still the same.

EDIT : back to 4-5-1 against Watford and it's on Sky red button...
    Posted Warne needed a older experienced person with him, when he got the job Casper.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Cam,

Giddy,

Some posters on here appear to have memories that would challenge a goldfish

What has got got to do with today’s game?

Yes we played well against Bournemouth so you could argue why we play **** today?
    I don't want to suggest that today was anything other than very disappointing, but you have to put it into the context of the season to date. We have played really well in some games. In others it could be argued that we have been unlucky. In some we have been below expectation. Some posters respond as if today's game was typical of everything that has gone before; clearly it isn't. Hence the reference to memory.
    A bit of perspective is called for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Posted Warne needed a older experienced person with him, when he got the job Casper.
    Tony Stewart was told PW would need help just before he appointed him Eric.

Well, I’m waiting for the reports of the two Pauls

More positive propaganda or telling it the way it is?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I can't even look at some people in the eye! How am I to build bridges?
    ....I’ll buy the first round next year pal against Donny at home in div 1, I’ll also cut the rope on the lamppost IBS is swinging from

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast