+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Huge Games Back To Back .

Two Huge Games Back To Back .

Wycombe and Wendy .

These are the fixtures which will define our season rather than the Brentford's and Bournemouth's of this world .

These are the type of games where the importance of the result far outweighs the performance .

Some may say its possibly too early to call them huge games but my focus this season is to be away from the relegation dog fight and to keep yourselves out of that you take a minimum of four points from these two fixtures .

The Wycombe home game has to be seen as taking all three points , there is no place to hide in my opinion and with all due respect to them .

I've a bad feeling about Wycombe game , the hoodoo will strike again at the piggery , no points next 2 games ,

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Wycombe and Wendy .

These are the fixtures which will define our season rather than the Brentford's and Bournemouth's of this world .

These are the type of games where the importance of the result far outweighs the performance .

Some may say its possibly too early to call them huge games but my focus this season is to be away from the relegation dog fight and to keep yourselves out of that you take a minimum of four points from these two fixtures .

The Wycombe home game has to be seen as taking all three points , there is no place to hide in my opinion and with all due respect to them .
    I don’t agree.
    Yer looking in the wrong direction.
    Look up - not down.
    And importantly - if the January Window is as good as I think it might be - then I’d say start looking very up.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I don’t agree.
    Yer looking in the wrong direction.
    Look up - not down.
    And importantly - if the January Window is as good as I think it might be - then I’d say start looking very up.
    That's what message boards are all about Nudge , differing views and long may it continue .

4 points would be excellent.
    That would give us a bit of breathing space ahead of the January sales, suspensions and injuries.

They arent season defining games, they will come later on in the season but we could do ourselves a lot of good this side of Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    4 points would be excellent.
    That would give us a bit of breathing space ahead of the January sales, suspensions and injuries.

They arent season defining games, they will come later on in the season but we could do ourselves a lot of good this side of Christmas.
    The opportunity is there until the end of the year with the fixtures we have coming up to build ourselves the platform to stay up with a bit to spare .

It's a good point Ethel .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I've a bad feeling about Wycombe game , the hoodoo will strike again at the piggery , no points next 2 games ,
    Remember almost 7 years ago to the day, a little team called Yeovil were in their first Champship season and they came here in Dec '13.
    And they should have beat us on the day, we got away with a 1-1.
    Now we've got Wycombe coming up in a very similar situation, and I think we're all expecting a cushy win and 3 pts again aren't we ?.

Im not expecting a win Acido, Im hoping for a win. This league buggers my football acca every week its so unpredictable.

Its good for once to have a view in two directions, up and down the table instead of just looking up like last season. We can consolidate our mid table hopes with a good run to christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Remember almost 7 years ago to the day, a little team called Yeovil were in their first Champship season and they came here in Dec '13.
    And they should have beat us on the day, we got away with a 1-1.
    Now we've got Wycombe coming up in a very similar situation, and I think we're all expecting a cushy win and 3 pts again aren't we ?.
    I'm not expecting a cushy win acido , nobody's hammered Wycombe up to now and most of their defeats have been by the odd goal .

I just think a home game against a team below us in the league should be considered to be an expectation of three points .

What I will say is that give Wycombe the opportunity at set pieces they will cause you problems .

The giving away of cheap free kicks may be something we'd do well to avoid .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm not expecting a cushy win acido , nobody's hammered Wycombe up to now and most of their defeats have been by the odd goal .

I just think a home game against a team below us in the league should be considered to be an expectation of three points .

What I will say is that give Wycombe the opportunity at set pieces they will cause you problems .

The giving away of cheap free kicks may be something we'd do well to avoid .
    Have a word with Mads then Animal!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast