+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Millwall

Millwall

The family club ?
    Fans booing the knee taking before kick off ,
    Whilst I don't agree with that behaviour , and think that something has to be done to cut out all abuse , it's getting tiresome listening and seeing this routine now , all the badges worn and gimmicky corner flag's / laces etc is inciting abuse , i don't know what the answer is , but it's getting beyond acceptable now all this BLM stuff , just my view on it ,

The comments on their message board are vile

I agree Roma, and I would also refuse to take the knee now if I was a player, because its gone on for way too long now.
    I would hope that the genuine fans who do support or who are even part of BLM, never wanted or expected it to go on for this long.

It was never going to go down well in Bermondsey wasn't this .

A significant number of the Millwall support are culturally to the right , you could argue ourselves as a support are too .

Now this doesn't mean the Millwall support is full of racists and bigots although a percentage will be as will a percentage across every football club's support in this country .

What it actually means in my opinion is that the Millwall support are thoroughly pyssed off of having minority causes rammed down their throat at every opportunity .

They are probably pyssed off as well that if they don't fall in to line and accept their players taking the knee the liberal left will out them as racists and bigots which is how this is getting played out .

The truth of the matter is probably closer to the fact Millwall fans believe in traditional communities and values and have rejected globalisation , mass migration and this is the only platform they have to air their views given the Labour Party doesn't represent them anymore and the liberal left call them out as racists and bigots .

I've made a point these last few months of watching and reading content from people who 6 months ago I wouldn't normally give the time of day for and I've found myself agreeing with them on CERTAIN ISSUES .

They have the right in my opinion to take what ever stand they feel they want to on the matter and they should be free to do so without fear the liberal left will call them out as racist and bigots without firstly understanding the impacts of mass migration , wokeness and globalisation has had on their values and communities .

What a great post! People should be allowed to question the BLM movement and and particularly its place in sport, without being labelled racist.

Quote Originally Posted by joskin View Post
    What a great post! People should be allowed to question the BLM movement and and particularly its place in sport, without being labelled racist.
    Well the way I see it Joskin is we don't all go out on a Thursday night anymore and clap or bang saucepan's but it doesn't mean we don't appreciate or support the NHS does it .

Far too much tokenism now with this knee thing and far too much judgement handed out to those who don't embrace it .

It just divides people all the more and doesn't reflect the real issue going on .

Inequality is felt by a huge number people irrespective of colour or religion and nobody but nobody in UK politics represents the low paid white working class in the old industrial heartlands like ours .

So why would they give the time of day to other minority issues ? .

agree.

Thank you Tykes, from a Lions fan it's good that you feel the same as us. As someone said they stopped clapping the NHS workers but does not mean we do not appreciate them. Australian cricket players refused to take the knee but were not criticized. It's gone on too long now. The environment secretary George Eustice has just come out and said that the BLM is a political movement so maybe time to stop the posturing.

You all needs ter gi yer eds a shek.

Both clubs wudda agreed to tek knee afoor kickoff.

The Millwall "fans" worra disgrace.

Boo tekkin't knee= racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert_Hirst View Post
    You all needs ter gi yer eds a shek.

Both clubs wudda agreed to tek knee afoor kickoff.

The Millwall "fans" worra disgrace.

Boo tekkin't knee= racist.
    Please explain to me why booing players for taking the knee is racist .

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast