+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rovrum

As soon as I saw your 'bomb' post on there last week Animal I thought ohh f*k, everybody had better get ready to duck from the flak.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    As soon as I saw your 'bomb' post on there last week Animal I thought ohh f*k, everybody had better get ready to duck from the flak.
    I'm actually all for a spicy derby rivalry acido its the one thing both ourselves and the millers don't have as neither the two Sheffield clubs actually recognise it as a derby plus because they have their own in their city .

We had this in the early 80's when both clubs went toe to toe and the fixture really did mean something on both sides .

I'm all for Rotherham sticking around in the championship just as long it ain't at our expense and I've made that point recently on there .

Give them a drubbing in both games and we stay up and they survive too is fine by me .

If only we had the media options for fans back then in the early 80s, like we have now. And in 1996-97 as well, Id have loved to see Footymad/Tykesmad thriving back then.

If only we had the media options for fans back then in the early 80s, like we have now. And in 1996-97 as well, Id have loved to see Footymad/Tykesmad thriving back then.
    You would have been a busy man in the early 80's acido had we had the internet back then .

The relationship between ourselves and the Millers was toxic .

Imagine bobbing on there after the 4-2 win in 81 at Millmoor or them lording it over us on here when they nicked the league off us a few months earlier .

I'd have reveled in it but you mods would have had your work cut out ..... lol !!!! .

Think back to the Hume - Morgan incident on here all those years ago .

Mod Duck nearly had a nervous breakdown poor chap .

Me & Ruthyn got voted in on here as mods Animal, by our own boards posters!. Wow it was like Tykesmad meets X-Factor lol, and Im not sure if we were the first and last board to do that sort of thing.

Yes it was a bad time for all of us during the Hume - Morgan elbowing incident, and the invasion on here of those despicable loathsome Blunts fans (they know who they were/are).

And Duk was indeed on his own on here as a mod for far too long, he had every right to quit when he did. I told him at the time that I would have done the same as well.

Me & Ruthyn got voted in on here as mods Animal, by our own boards posters!. Wow it was like Tykesmad meets X-Factor lol, and Im not sure if we were the first and last board to do that sort of thing.

Yes it was a bad time for all of us during the Hume - Morgan elbowing incident, and the invasion on here of those despicable loathsome Blunts fans (they know who they were/are).

And Duk was indeed on his own on here as a mod for far too long, he had every right to quit when he did. I told him at the time that I would have done the same as well.
    Just my opinion but the day both ourselves and the millers wake up on derby day and have a knot in our stomach's and think we can't lose today and I'd give owt not to is the day we should embrace in my opinion .

Ain't our feckin fault it ain't happened for nearly 40 years is it .

Feck off own your own history don't get the lip out because you can't keep up is where I'm at .

Same with Donny Rovers .

Rovrum supporter, I come in peace...
    A bit of friendly advice from your uncle Frank..
    Take very little notice of Social Media, that includes Tw@tter, Facebook, Footymad etc.......believe it or not it's not real life as it is.
    Real life is much more difficult. Family, health comes first not arguing the toss on a footy forum...

Does your dislike of Millers fans mean Roma won't be buying me a pint !

Come on you reds !

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Take very little notice of Social Media, that includes Tw@tter, Facebook, Footymad etc.......believe it or not it's not real life as it is.
    Real life is much more difficult. Family, health comes first not arguing the toss on a footy forum...

Come on you reds !
    Good to hear from you Frank I honestly don't think anyone on here dislikes the Miller's , some banter gets out of hand at times ? Most of your posters are good and respectful towards us , some and one in particular creates plenty of unnecessary ill feeling towards us , He's made it clear that we are not liked on M M , he personally appears to stalk one of our Member's , yourself and many other are welcome on our forum , As for buying you a pint no problem anytime , once we are both fully mended ? It will be a pleasure , Take care , good luck and most of all keep healthy ,
    Regards Roma and Co , Forza di Reds UTFLWG

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post

Come on you reds !
    A pint coming your way Frank if we get back in the ground when we meet at Oakwell later in the season mate

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    A pint coming your way Frank if we get back in the ground when we meet at Oakwell later in the season mate
    Cheers Roma and animal, just don't talk Politics when we meet... ⚽ 🍻

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast