+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our magnificent defence ......... Ardleys words

Our magnificent defence ......... Ardleys words

Must admit having watched the last 3 games with 3 clean sheets the gaffa has got it just about right. They have been right on their game and are the main reason we appear to be on the right track now. I must admit I do prefer DKE on the right as he is naturally right footed but heyho he gets his head down and does his job on the left. There is no getting away from the fact that Turner is the best proper defender we have. The way he just dominates the oppos forwards is what we need right now. He and Rawlinson are throw backs to the time when CB’s were all about heading tackling and booting. They can both do that and in Bens case create chances up the other end aswell from set pieces and corners. Yesterday he kept things locked down defensively and up the other end headed one across the 6 right onto Wooton left peg but he did an air shot!!
    We need Turner and Rawlinson to keep doing what they are doing it breeds confidence in the fullbacks and keeper. If they do we will be right up there. They have been superb recently

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Must admit having watched the last 3 games with 3 clean sheets the gaffa has got it just about right. They have been right on their game and are the main reason we appear to be on the right track now. I must admit I do prefer DKE on the right as he is naturally right footed but heyho he gets his head down and does his job on the left. There is no getting away from the fact that Turner is the best proper defender we have. The way he just dominates the oppos forwards is what we need right now. He and Rawlinson are throw backs to the time when CB’s were all about heading tackling and booting. They can both do that and in Bens case create chances up the other end aswell from set pieces and corners. Yesterday he kept things locked down defensively and up the other end headed one across the 6 right onto Wooton left peg but he did an air shot!!
    We need Turner and Rawlinson to keep doing what they are doing it breeds confidence in the fullbacks and keeper. If they do we will be right up there. They have been superb recently
    A few weeks ago Turners name on here was mud with quite a few people. He made a couple of errors and suddenly he had gone from just the type of defender we want to he will never make a footballer (or words to that effect). Every player hits a form loss at some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Yeah but Woking had one chance so the defence couldn’t have been that good!

He did make three Redmile style unforced errors gifting posession in the first ten mins, but when keeping it simple seemed to get going and have a decent game. Don't know if this is fitness or confusion with the move from "play it out from the back" to a _slightly_ more direct approach we seem to be adopting...

I cannot name a player in our side who started yesterdays game particulalrly well. There were passes going astray everywhere wasnt there?
    What is not in doubt is that we kept a clean sheet so despite missing a penalty and failing to improve much from start to finish in terms of our creativity or basic control of the game we can win it with one well made goal. That is down to our back four.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Yeah but Woking had one chance so the defence couldn’t have been that good!
    You beat me to it.

In defence of DavyFacts the Notts manager is clearly biased but in truth did see it with his own eyes and wasn't relying on Radio Nottingham.

As for Big Ben lots of calls for him to "Get out of the club" following the Halifax error and poor performance at Wembley. An overreaction if ever there was one.

But as you would expect from a seasoned pro who's played at a much higher level he's bounced back incredibly well since that big mistake at The Shay.

As many have commented that's what you need down in NL, a proper centre half who throws everything at it but as a turning circle of a combine harvester

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    A few weeks ago Turners name on here was mud with quite a few people. He made a couple of errors and suddenly he had gone from just the type of defender we want to he will never make a footballer (or words to that effect). Every player hits a form loss at some time.
    We were just saying that Wootton hasn't been at his best this season, and had we only drawn yesterday would have come in for a lot of criticism for another missed penalty. But hey, he gets the winning goal and all is well.

Such is football!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    You beat me to it.

In defence of DavyFacts the Notts manager is clearly biased but in truth did see it with his own eyes and wasn't relying on Radio Nottingham.

As for Big Ben lots of calls for him to "Get out of the club" following the Halifax error and poor performance at Wembley. An overreaction if ever there was one.

But as you would expect from a seasoned pro who's played at a much higher level he's bounced back incredibly well since that big mistake at The Shay.

As many have commented that's what you need down in NL, a proper centre half who throws everything at it but as a turning circle of a combine harvester
    Nothing wrong with radio Nottingham Laddo

Safe to say you've missed the point there.

I did that is why i posted

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast