+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Millwall fans.

Millwall fans.

It was always going to happen. But what annoys me the most is the inequality of the supposed oppressed.

How on earth can it be ok for footballers to show their solidarity for a political movement but not ok according to Wayne Rooney et all for fans to show their views on it.

The whole thing ran it’s cause long ago and had lost its true meaning and had become routine rather than meaningful.

Who would’ve thought that Millwall fans would be at the forefront of freedom of expression for the majority of football fans.

****ing sick of listening from some about it, if they are surprised by this from Millwall then they know **** all about reality

Dion Dublin calls anyone a racist who don’t agree with taking a knee or BLM which will only make matters worse imo.

Why don’t they just let us watch football which is what we pay to watch ffs
    Why not go to academies/schools/youth centre etc if they want to talk and educate about it.

Should have just stuck with kick it out.
    Did anyone notices it was rainbow laces games?
    Last edited by millertop; 06-12-2020 at 11:57 AM.

It was always going to happen.
    Forcing a political message on fans.
    Millwall fans aren’t in the minority on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    They are not but being surprised by them is just laughable

I am a white elderly guy who has never been racially abused so taking the knee does not effect me personally. However, I find it is now becoming tokenistic and media driven and feel it needs to be phased out. We cheer when the Millers score equally whether its Freddy or Smudge, it doesn't matter. We should treat everyone the way we ourselves would like to be treated. I agree with MT that the problem needs to tackled at an early age in educational establishments.

I don't think that the media understand that by showing this every game they are alienating many fans. I suppose that yesterdays booing gives them something to talk about for the next few days.

Surprised at your comment being a black guy yourself yak. Do you have no sympathy for your fellow men and women ?

By the way this is on the wrong portion of the board. This could turn I to a ding dong

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Correct it happened at Colchester as well.

We should absolutely champion equality no matter someone's race, ***uality, religion, gender etc etc, I don't think any right minded person would disagree with that statement. The 'issue' with prolonging taking the knee for me doesn't come from it being a political movement (I believe it a social movement in it's core agenda) but it comes from the lack of tangible results. Short term, many months ago it showed solidarity and brought issues of diversity and discrimination into focus and conversations were had. As the months have gone on it has grown into a token gesture that nobody dare speak up against because they are automatically a racist. Les Ferdinand spoke against it a month or so ago and was applauded by many in the mainstream for stating the truth that it has lost its impact. To move on from taking the knee into more tangible differences with interventions and education at an earlier age, combined with people more likely to report any abuse they hear, is the way to go for me. Les spoke the truth but because he is black that is acceptable to say yet if he were white he wouldn't be listened to or would have accusations thrown his way. Because the majority of mainstream media have absolutely no idea how to tackle the issue they cling to supporting taking the knee because it's like their moral conscience to 'show support'. Like putting a few pence in a charity bucket and telling yourself you've done your bit so you feel all fuzzy inside. I don't like to say it but much like having a minutes silence for someone or something before a game, I just zone out for those few seconds and daydream. That is NOT because I'm racist, don't care about black lives, equality or anything like that but because it's lost its impact. Should they of booed? Absolutely not. Should we all pretend and not be able to voice how the message has been lost? Nope

I can safely say I will not stand when players take the knee if I go to nys. Wouldn’t boo either .

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast