+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

Whilst Sandbrook can be a bit staid in his outlook, this seres of podcasts fits well with his very readable and informative doorstep-dimension post-war British social history volumes.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/46h...WA&dl_branch=1

I generally like Sandbrook’s books, but l had him heavily marked down for writing about tanks rolling in to St George’s Square in Glasgow and in the most recent one he sucked Thatcher’s d1ck a bit much for my liking. Definitely ranks behind Percy and Beverley Knight in the celebrity LA Wolves’ supporters list.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    5 episodes in to this, cheers vintage. Been listening at work the last couple of mornings. The BBC get a lot of stick but their iplayer and sounds are miles ahead of the others. Slick interface and full of decent content.
    Just watching a 90-minute documentary on Apollo 11 on BBC2 right now. It’s on iPlayer too.

Original footage and audio, some visual reconstruction of scenes that couldn’t be filmed at the time where the tech was too limited.

No peeking and tax-dodging if you’re a licence fee refusenik.

Sod paying the BBC

The tax farmers that try to collect the money have been sending me a threatening letter twice a month to the shop for over twenty years now, I hope it’s costing them a fortune.

They even followed me across the road when we moved.
    I never have had a telly in the shop.

They also send me the same threats to my house but they have never really worked out whether I’m me or not.
    I do have a telly at home, the plan was to watch dvd’s with the grandson,we never have.

Get UP ye fuuckin FANNY! Grrrrrr.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2TK...T_a9i50D1rJ-7w

I’m not listening to that, I read enough with the description.

“ He was entitled to go down”

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I’m not listening to that, I read enough with the description.

“ He was entitled to go down”
    ….and if you listen, they talk about that as an example of the ‘sh1thousery’ prevalent in contempory sport. Great stuff about the art of Italian defending.

Paul McCartney stuff on the iPlayer now. Nice to hear him being candid. Changed my opinion of him on the back of this. Hoping Santa brings me the book.

I pretty much listen solely to The Ringer Podcasts, esp the fantasy football show. I'm not saying it has contributed much to my runaway success in the abmad fantasy league but it is a useful listen. The press box and baseball pods are great as well but I understand it won't be for everyone.

Thanks for sharing this podcast!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast