+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

I subscribed to the bellingcat podcast months back but it doesn't seem to get updated with content very regularly.

Had a look on their website though and found this investigation in to a Ukranian operation to dupe a load of Russian mercenaries in to thinking they had picked up lucrative contracts to protect Russian assets abroad.

Of course they weren't off to Venezuela to look after oil fields they were on a flight that the Ukranian security services were going to force to land on their home soil so these guys could be arrested for war crimes in Eastern Ukraine years earlier.

Fantastic read if you have a bit of spare time.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-a...n-mercenaries/

You’re all ****s, but I’ll still share this with you. Every episode a gem.

Now **** off. And if that ball comes into my garden again, the kitchen knife’s going into it.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2hu...QyGxvXgSlB9tpQ

Does everybody else listen to podcasts at 1.5 times normal speed?

Episode 10 of 'Battleground: The Falklands War' was out today. All leading up to the anniversary of the conflict.

Really enjoyed it. They break it down well in order to give some good detail on different events. Very fair too, they cover a lot of the bad decisions and infighting between commanders as well as some of the better calls made.

I listen on Google Podcasts.

Moeen Ali lunchtime interview with Aggers on TMS. NZ second Test, day 2.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cdhv84

Listening is not compulsory.

Pod casts aren't really my thing.

Those chaps who do the podcast I mentioned on post #34 have started covering the War in Ukraine. Episodes every Friday and as usual they give a very honest take on things.

The dog is happy as she knows Alan Partridge from the Oasthouse Season 2 has just been released and that gives me more reason to get out and about on walkees with the ear buds in.

Continuing to really enjoy Battleground Ukraine. New episode out every Friday.

I also rate 'The secret history of...' podcasts. The first one was '.... Flight 149' the flight that decided to land in Kuwait just as the tanks were rolling in. 2nd one covers the sinking of the ferry 'Estonia'. I had never heard of that incident before so up to episode 5 of that.

Private Eye used to release a good podcast every month but they don't seem to do them anymore. Not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post

Private Eye used to release a good podcast every month but they don't seem to do them anymore. Not sure why.
    Privateeyesation, I suppose.

Mark Steel’s What The F*** Is Going On? is always a hoot, especially when he has deceased former Yorkshire bowler Fred Trueman commenting on the issues of the day.

A new series of Poet Laureate Simon Armitage’s ‘The Poet Laureate Has Gone To His Shed’ is now on BBC iPlayer.

A quiet radio backwater with interesting guests, a break from the uneducated, cliché-laden, Loud Voices pîsh that dominates broadcasting and the internet, with sherry, quiet chat, and personal haikus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0...n=share-mobile

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast