+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

Podcasts

Listened to Alan Partridge - From the Oasthouse and recently subscribed to Sky News' Story cast for Polonium and the Piano Player and now half way through their Where is Annie Borjesson? series.

Any other good podcasts out there?

13 Minutes To The Moon (BBC World Service)

Series 1 - everything leading up to Armstrong and Aldrin cavorting on the lunar surface, including Apollo 8 - the first mission to leave Earth’s orbit and go into radio silence at it went behind the moon once in lunar orbit. Very emotional listening to them contact Houston again once they emerged. I think the recording played is the first time I’ve heard it since December 1968 (Oh What A Flight).

Series 2 - Apollo 13 which lifted off 47 minutes before the 1970 cup final kicked off. Scary, tense, ingenious stuff as Lovell, Haise and Swigert battle their way out of trouble aided by the geniuses at Mission Control and MIT.

These were the pioneers of my youth, and everybody’s heroes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w13xttx2
    Last edited by 57vintage; 07-12-2020 at 04:17 PM. Reason: As influential as Yuri Gagarin

Cheers 57. Hell of a lot of content there.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Just a shame they faked it

Incredible detail.

I knew all three astronauts were killed in Apollo 1, but didn’t know the detail before.

8 was nerve-wracking when I was 11 years old, and Borman, Lovell and Anders; Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins; Conrad, Gordon and Bean; and Lovell, Haise and Swigert still trip off the tongue like Munro, McMillan, Petersen; or West, Bruce and Laing.

I’ll second the two which V57 mentions, also from BBC the Ratline by Philippe Sands and The Hurricane Tapes about Ruben ‘Hurricane’ Carter, boxer wrongly convicted of murder, are worth looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    I’ll second the two which V57 mentions, also from BBC the Ratline by Philippe Sands and The Hurricane Tapes about Ruben ‘Hurricane’ Carter, boxer wrongly convicted of murder, are worth looking for.
    I heard the Hurricane one being trailed in the 13 seconds before an Apollo episode. Ta for the reminder.

EDIT: the Apollo series podcast has a YouTube channel too. I watched a few seconds today, and the footage looks interesting. For the big screen and soundbar, I think.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 07-12-2020 at 10:27 PM. Reason: As influential as John Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I heard the Hurricane one being trailed in the 13 seconds before an Apollo episode. Ta for the reminder.

EDIT: the Apollo series podcast has a YouTube channel too. I watched a few seconds today, and the footage looks interesting. For the big screen and soundbar, I think.
    I treated myself to one of those Oculus thingies. The Apollo VR trip to the moon is something else. Also had a wee go on the ISS & a trip to the upper atmosphere on a weather balloon, although I nearly spewed with that one.
    Well worth a go if you know anyone that gets one from Santa

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I treated myself to one of those Oculus thingies. The Apollo VR trip to the moon is something else. Also had a wee go on the ISS & a trip to the upper atmosphere on a weather balloon, although I nearly spewed with that one.
    Well worth a go if you know anyone that gets one from Santa
    That sounds decent I've only tried the rollercoaster and the pool side gang bang.

That sounds decent I've only tried the rollercoaster and the pool side gang bang.
    The lassie in that vid would have a brighter future if she stuck to pool side gang bangs, rather than the singing

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast