+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fans to return

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    thats ok if you think its safe enough to do so scottish government have got a top scientist who is giving them the advice to keep things shut down enough to keep things just ticking over at best ,even that is on the unsafe side to me ,as of boris the animal down in london he is opening things up spreading the virus ,boris does things too fast at times stupidly all he cares about is his stupid economy ,health before economy that way yes we will take the hit businesses will shut and football clubs will fold ,id rather be safe than sorry so if clubs have to close the doors so be it ,more will eventually arise from there ashes .

and after his silly brexit it will be 10 times worse as tarrifs will go through the roof totally wrecking his economy anyways .
    Quite right Francis and those top Scientists are to ones that say allowing a limited number of people into football stadiums is safe in Tier 1 regions. Having been a scientist during my working life I can assure that I do believe in the science.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Quite right Francis and those top Scientists are to ones that say allowing a limited number of people into football stadiums is safe in Tier 1 regions. Having been a scientist during my working life I can assure that I do believe in the science.

yes spike there is too many governments ignoring scientists advice over matters of this pandemic ,and yep the scientists are saying its safe for limited numbers ,boris on the other hand is allowing far greater numbers into sporting events down south which is stupidity at best .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    with only allowing season ticket holders in to palmy surely this will only see queens making a greater financial loss as queens would need to pay for added security amoung other stuff to accommodate the fans as there will be no paying customers to get income from,and no doubt the ones who do win through to watch the game in the flesh would have otherwise have paid the 10 quid to stream the game live ,i think queens should hold off until all fans are allowed back would surely make more financial sense .
    It doesn't cost anything for season ticket holders to watch live home streams its part of the season ticket deal so no lost revenue on that, but Yes it will cost the club to host 300 fans but they really don't have any option but to welcome fans back in. To be honest I think it might be for 2 games only 26th Dec & 2nd Jan then the country will prob all be back in tier 4 restrictions due to the lowering of current restrictions and opening up for Xmas... Unfortunately Covid doesn't go away for Xmas..... 🤦*♂️ So if you get the chance to go watch a game at Palmerston make the most of it, it could be yer only chance this season....

Returning to watch Queens is a bit like being on death row. Drawn out agony waiting to watch them followed by a disappointing end when you get there.

Season ticket holders will be hoping they are balloted out of tickets unless there is a change in manager by boxing day...

Water under the bridge now but only135 fans turned up at the Annan v Queens Park game and I wonder if Queens reached the 300 they were allowed for Boxing Day as no doubt the pandemic continues to cause havoc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)