+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Players Linked to Reds in January Transfer Window

A lot of very underwhelming announcements so far. Need a good weekend and Monday to make it another of the best transfer windows in the history of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A lot of very underwhelming announcements so far. Need a good weekend and Monday to make it another of the best transfer windows in the history of the club.
    Aye nothing could beat the joy of January 2017 and the longest suicide note in championship history .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 29-01-2021 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Aye nothing could beat the joy of January 2017 and the longest suicide note in championship history .
    I live in the present and look to the future.

Unfortunately at the moment it's a prospect to consider under Conway. Not for me. Good luck with those charlatans.

I think it’s been a really good January window so far.
    A quick left sided central defender brought in.
    Plus a strong centre forward - which was badly needed.
    In saying that - I’m surprised in how Val is playing Morris.
    I would have thought Morris would have become the ever present target man - but Val continues with Woodrow in that position.
    Whether that will change we will see.
    It would be good to have more height up front.
    But after listening to what Val has said today - it’s not necessarily a tall striker being brought in - it could be a smaller quick striker.

I live in the present and look to the future.

Unfortunately at the moment it's a prospect to consider under Conway. Not for me. Good luck with those charlatans.
    The past defines the future , it's taken this club four years to get back to where it was in January 2017 .

I suspect that's an uncomfortable truth but none the less it is a fact .

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I think it’s been a really good January window so far.
    It was rumoured we were extending the loan of Matty James until the end of the season---- he went to Coventry

It was rumoured we were about to bring in Ben Whiteman from Donny---he went to Preston

It was rumoured we would bring in a good striker---we got Morris who only played one game for Norwich and was loaned out to lower league clubs on many occasions

It was rumoured we were bringing in a solid, experienced defender---we got Kitching from the Fourth Division

It was rumoured Dane was putting the final touches to the Mowatt contract and he was about to sign--- Mowatt could still be last minute sale similar to Keiffer Moore.

Which was the good bit so far ?

It was rumoured we were extending the loan of Matty James until the end of the season---- he went to Coventry

It was rumoured we were about to bring in Ben Whiteman from Donny---he went to Preston

It was rumoured we would bring in a good striker---we got Morris who only played one game for Norwich and was loaned out to lower league clubs on many occasions

It was rumoured we were bringing in a solid, experienced defender---we got Kitching from the Fourth Division

It was rumoured Dane was putting the final touches to the Mowatt contract and he was about to sign--- Mowatt could still be last minute sale similar to Keiffer Moore.

Which was the good bit so far ?
    Well let’s go through them.

1) Matty James is a good player - and I would have preferred that he stayed. But then again I agree with the club that he was standing in the way of players that can fill his position - such as Palmer who I think is a good player that will only get better now that he’s able to get more game time.
    Plus there are others that can play there.
    It’s not like the Potts transfer when they said Brown could fill the position - because in my view Brown was nowhere near as effective at driving forward with the ball.

2) I don’t think the club this window wanted Whiteman. The need for Whiteman passed when they brought in James.
    No good letting James go to give Palmer and others a chance only then to bring in Whiteman.

3) Morris comes from a level of football to which Brittain and Styles comes from.
    I would suspect everyone believed these have been great signings - and I also believe Morris will be when he’s fully up to speed.

4) Forest Green supporters believe that Kiching is better than Pinnock. Same applies to Kitching as to what I’ve said about Morris.

5) I think Mowatt would have gone by now if he’s going.
    Can’t blame the club at what’s happened there because all the power is in the hands of the players these days.

Only down side so far was the loan of Thomas to Ipswich.
    But it’s only a loan - and I hope Thomas comes back and proves all those Doubting Thomas’s wrong that doubted Thomas.
    I think if we get another striker - especially one with height - then it will be a really solid transfer window.
    Compare this one to the Patrick Cryne one of January 2017.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 30-01-2021 at 11:29 AM.

All about opinions and respect for the opinions of others. Mine differs to yours Nudge. Brittain, Styles and Woodrow are the familiar "go to" players to quote how successful how recruitment from lower levels is, conveniently forgetting the 15/20 or so in the last three years that have not proved successful. Why did the club bid well over a million for Whiteman if they didn't want him ? James will be a big miss this half season as will Mowatt if he goes. The club are looking at loan players to bring in according to Ismael, the Covid Rule Breaker.

# Look into their eyes as they gasp for breath,
    Tell them why Covid Rules had to be broken just to gain a football advantage.

All about opinions and respect for the opinions of others. Mine differs to yours Nudge. Brittain, Styles and Woodrow are the familiar "go to" players to quote how successful how recruitment from lower levels is, conveniently forgetting the 15/20 or so in the last three years that have not proved successful. Why did the club bid well over a million for Whiteman if they didn't want him ? James will be a big miss this half season as will Mowatt if he goes. The club are looking at loan players to bring in according to Ismael, the Covid Rule Breaker.

The club made two unsuccessful bids for Ben Whiteman , ironically the final one was very near what Rovers let him go to Preston for last week .

Once the final bid was rejected by Rovers it was at that point the club turned their attention to securing Matty James on loan as the alternative .

The club with James on board have also seen the emergence of Ronal Palmer and bought Herbie Kane with Styles also capable of playing in the central midfield role .

On the face of it letting James go doesn't appear to be that bad a decision .

Sometimes I'm left totally bewildered by what it is about the Cryne years that you find so great .

The man had absolutely no ambition for this club what so ever which is why Robins walked away when he had us very well placed in the championship the previous season .

Almost every time we caught a fair wind at this level Cryne found a way to feck it up .

Even Ernest and John Dennis had more ambition for the club .

The man wasn't a bad bloke but his tenure here isn't deserving of the accolades placed on him in my opinion .

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast