+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Cup 2020-21

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

EDIT: tie of the round is Keith v Hill of Beath Hawthorn aka the Haws. Nice team pic...
    Did you see there is a bit of controversy. Whitehill Welfare filed a complaint as The Haws fielded an ineligible player in the last round, (He was suspended) but were only given a suspended 2k fine but not kicked out. Rule 303, associated with Scottish Cup Rule 12 states the punishment is "immediate ejection" from the competition. The have gone directly to SFA who say their is no case. SFA in being d@cks shocker

I haven’t heard about that, but I despair sometimes at the idiocy of clubs on these matters. Buckie got away with it when they won the HL IN 2017. ****s.

I ken you don’t tend to read fiction, but Robin Jenkins’s The Thistle and the Grail would entertain you. An edition published in the 1990s (I think) used that image of Johnny Hewitt after scoring in Gothenburg (referenced in another book - that one about the Washington Whips).

Name:  D8136ECC-5628-4130-ADF7-3E7F79252A64.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  11.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Wick v Musselburgh afff again

Formartinks v Turrah afff again

Three attempts and it gets switched. Bit of a nightmare with the latter if it has to happens. As you would be as well attempt to play it in Atlantis
    Wick v Musselburgh aff again,rescheduled for Monday 21st in Wick again,where did you hear about this 3 attempts and it gets switched? Cant be true going by the reschedulement back in Wick

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Wick v Musselburgh aff again,rescheduled for Monday 21st in Wick again,where did you hear about this 3 attempts and it gets switched? Cant be true going by the reschedulement back in Wick
    Used to be a rule. May not be now though going by this

I haven’t heard about that, but I despair sometimes at the idiocy of clubs on these matters. Buckie got away with it when they won the HL IN 2017. ****s.

I ken you don’t tend to read fiction, but Robin Jenkins’s The Thistle and the Grail would entertain you. An edition published in the 1990s (I think) used that image of Johnny Hewitt after scoring in Gothenburg (referenced in another book - that one about the Washington Whips).

I actually have that in my pile. Didnt realise it's fiction when I got it.

The Washington Whips one is sitting proudly in my Dons book shelf in my living room with the other 60ish Dons books

Dougie Bell has a book just out

Name:  61SrG5CapoL._AC_UL200_SR200,200_.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  9.7 KB

I read The Cone Gatherers by Robin Jenkins some 22 years ago. I assume it's the same one. I'll give it a read...

I thought it was a book about Throbbing Gristle at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I read The Cone Gatherers by Robin Jenkins some 22 years ago. I assume it's the same one. I'll give it a read...
    Yes, same author. His Fergus Lamont is a good read too.

My teacher pal in Northumberland asked me for recommendations on Scottish literature for his book club, and The Cone Gatherers was on my list.

He texted just the other day to say that it’s been voted their favourite book of the year.

Yes, same author. His Fergus Lamont is a good read too.

My teacher pal in Northumberland asked me for recommendations on Scottish literature for his book club, and The Cone Gatherers was on my list.

He texted just the other day to say that it’s been voted their favourite book of the year.
    What other books appeared on your list? I'm possibly committing heresy, and I'm in no way an expert, however I enjoyed a couple of the early Iain Banks books (The Wasp Factory, The Crow Road and Complicity).

Did The Wasp Factory appear on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I thought it was a book about Throbbing Gristle at first glance.
    If it was, then it would have probably included a sample of Genesis P-Orridge's bodily fluids...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast