+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get in !!!

Get in !!!

Goo on.

Brilliant result.

We rode our luck at times, but we didn’t fall off it.

That’s why DS spent 20m on a keeper, and exactly why DS keeps AEG bouncing on the bench.

Blue Peter badges all round.

Great to get the away win at F C Porto, er, sorry Wolves

Mike Dean was dishing out cards like a Las Vegas croupier on steroids

Look out this Christmas.. for Dean’s autobiography entitled “Mike Dean: blowing my own whistle”

Special mention for Emi Martinez, the only Arsenal player performing this season!

Wolves hitting the post was a bit of luck but the keeper did what he was paid for, no luck there. The penalty was justice for VAR not seeinh the Wolves defender hand ball in the first half. It appears hand ball is just not by where the hit the arm But the length of sleeve!! What?? VAR made the decision within 5 seconds, how come they often take 4 mins to look at offsides? This is not right. The error has to be 'clear and obvious' get rid.....please!
    I think at the end of the day, A draw was a fair result to a disapointing game but then again they all seem to be disapointing without the crowds.
    We got a late penalty and to be honest I was surprised VAR did not rule it out...Amaze balls. Great to see a penalty taken the right way, hard and low to the corner. 3 pts gained to soften the pts lost because of VAR v Brighton and West Sham......

What we need to do now is to enjoy our football and build, we a under no pressure with 18pts in the bag. 3 winnable games coming up v Burnly, Big rolls and Palace, the one downside is Cash and Luiz suspended but should aim to appeal Luiz's first yellow as there was no contact, a yellow was A Crass decission!
    Yes, we will take the points Thankyou. Long way to go but things looking good.

Below par but stole the points. Makes up for last week. I really don't like bagging our own but Bertrand is one of the worst players I've seen in a Villa shirt. The only thing he does consistently is give the ball away. I'd rather El Ghazi any day of the week. Martinez was immense what a great buy.

I think he just needs to settle down, only his 2nd start. He seems to be rushing into things for example, while facing upfield he kicked the ball out as if to clear the danger and it went over his head and almost went for a corner, that kind of thing happens with sunday pub teams. It was brave or stupid to Blood both Ramsey and Traore in a derby away to wolves But it worked.....somehow!

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan View Post
    Below par but stole the points. Makes up for last week. I really don't like bagging our own but Bertrand is one of the worst players I've seen in a Villa shirt. The only thing he does consistently is give the ball away. I'd rather El Ghazi any day of the week. Martinez was immense what a great buy.
    Patience, my dear auld Antipodean scribe. At least he’s trying to shake off the ‘Bambi on ice’ impersonations, in a winning team.

Imagine if he was faffing about in a struggling side, in front of a full house? We really are a tough crowd to please, mate.

I think he will come good. He’ll never be a world-beater, but he will justify his 17m fee.

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan View Post
    Give the man a chance Oz, he's come to a different country, the toughest of leagues and like a few others last season will adapt in time.

I'll standby my words Seen every minute he's played which adds up to almost four hours. His pace is off for the EPL. Slow to turn and accelerate. Lightweight on the ball loses possession far too easy. Panics in defense and a very average passer. A couple of good crosses is about it. What am I missing? I think there are fatal flaws in his game that we can't afford to carry. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

In all fairness Oz, you have seen far more of The Villa, throughout this Pandemic than I have. This fact validates your opinion, although we do all see games differently.

I can only go on what I saw every week during his time with Ajax and a little bit with Lyon. On this evidence, I see a player, a better player than AEG (who I saw in the same Ajax team as Traore) and Trez.

Maybe he has shot his bolt, and he is no longer capable of reaching those standards?

Time will tell, I suppose.

Onwards & Upwards. UTV.

Well that's good to hear Exiled then maybe there's some hope. I haven't seen him playing anywhere else but Villa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)