+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pymouth (H)

Pymouth (H)

Plymouth up next. They did the double over us last season including that 3-0 defeat at home at the start of the season and Ryan Lowe's first game in charge. Things are slightly different today with Plymouth on a losing streak of 5 league games and some (unbelievably) calling for his head. The mood with the fans seems very negative. Can we take advantage.

With their poor form and our recent good form I predict a 3-1 win for this one.

One other point of interest. On their forum (Pasoti) they have a preview of the game. Under our strengths it lists: "the ability to come back from losing positions". How things change eh!

Also an odd thing to say given that, until our last 3 league matches, we hadn’t done it all season! Let’s hope we aren’t called upon to do it again - I’ll go 2-1 to the reds and a heap of excuses from Lowe, as per.

In the past the portents wouldn't have been good. 5 consecutive a losses; no wins away from home. In past seasons an away banker! Although still cautious, I'm not going there. We will continue to have a poor goal per chance ratio and so I'm going for a 1-1 draw. Cannot see us keeping a clean sheet, despite the attraction of the new back line.
    Anyway, hope you all enjoy it. I'll be watching on the screen.
    Might make the boxing day game.

Oh and Finney to score our one.

Well that turned out OK! - though a bit hairy at the end. We should have been out of sight before they scored, but 2 was enough. If we'd had any midfielders on the bench - hope Murph not out long - no doubt we'd have made changes there. Bit surprised not to have Regan Griffiths there rather than all 4 defenders. Unbeaten at home in front of fans since a team that shall be nameless visited in November last year!

You obviously didn’t see the same match as Ryan Lowe, Shrop.... but then neither did I! Apparently they were the better side in the second half and dominated the last 30 minutes and could have snatched an equaliser. One of us needs to go to Specsavers, and I’m not planning on doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    You obviously didn’t see the same match as Ryan Lowe, Shrop.... but then neither did I! Apparently they were the better side in the second half and dominated the last 30 minutes and could have snatched an equaliser. One of us needs to go to Specsavers, and I’m not planning on doing so!
    They were only stronger for a period in the second half because they used all 5 subs ( that changed their team shape ) we did not react to it. Overall we played them off the park in the first half which was a carry on from Saturday. In fact I thought the ref was Sid James with his first half decisions which I felt he got totally wrong.

Very pleasing performance in the first half. About evens overall in the second. Yes we should be scoring more and I'm not going to moan about the 2 I usually have go at. Really impressed by Lancashire. Credit where credit's due as I'd written him off pre-season. We now have defensive selection choice for DA after 3 more games. However, the transfer window will be open after that.
    Ah well roll on Saturday.

Yes, gazan, Perry is not guaranteed to get his place back, I think. It’s great to have 2 players for each position, and we seem to have that in most cases. My only concern, transfer window notwithstanding, is if Mandron is out; Porter is pretty much like for like and his effort can’t be faulted - however, his age will inevitably slow him down and winning the ball back and harrying the opposition CBs has never been his strength. Still, that’s nit picking and I’m thoroughly enjoying our style and, for the most part, results.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Clearly not!