+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Maybe a valid point SaxoMan but if you were in our situation I'm pretty sure you'd do the same. All teams do these days
    aye. you should have a fair chance of survival with performances like that. players just have to keep their heads up and go again. best of luck, apart from when we meet again..

My view in the cold light of day is that we didn’t win that game for the main reason that Vass is not up to it and shouldn’t be starting. The vast majority of our attacking play tended to break down with his wayward shooting or inability to control the ball. Get a 2-0 lead and it was job done.

The criticism of us loading the defence etc is rubbish imo. We finished the game with 2 strikers (nominally) just like we started it, with one moderately decent one and one **** one. Jones went into midfield and we tried to keep the same shape. Blackburn went all out and the ref gave them enough time to score. Not a tactical choice at all. If anything, putting on three subs at once when we were on top is what undid us and opened the door for a comeback.

The pitch was not in the best çondition, heavy and uneven, not good for slick quick passing, proven by quite a few underhit passes from both sides. Not blaming the pitch for the overall result, it's the same for both sides.
    First mistake taking Smith off on 70mins. Second substitution on 71mins Ladapo for Vassell, really ought to have been done much earlier. Third substitution on 71mins taking Wiles an attacking wing back off and replacing him with a recognised full back, says he's gone defensive to hold onto what we've got. Fourth substitution in the 94th min, unless Barlaser was injured another complete waste. Give some credit to Blackburn, Elliott is a cracking little player and has Armstrong playing up front who's scored at least 15 goals so far add on the quality of subs they had available and it was always going to be a difficult game .
    Shrek & Co up next at NYS, a must win game and Derby form is on the up, should be interesting.
    Last edited by Godsend.F.C.; 17-12-2020 at 08:31 AM.

I understand why the subs were made but taking too many off at once was a mistake in this game, should stay with the game you’re in not thinking of next game

Johansson did well as did Olosunde again but my motm will be Lindsay

we should have won and very disappointed we didn’t

That really was a bitter pill to swallow last night.On reflection, I have seen in the last two matches, undoubtedly, we have players who are more than capable of competing at this level.Blackburn this season have tortured a lot of teams and have strikers on top form scoring more goals than any body else.We could easily have come out 2-1 winners had Ladapo scored in the sixth minute of extra time and then they go and score in the eighth minute of extra time.I would stick with 352 because I think we are comfortable and I have confidence we will be playing at this level next season. UTM.

Our real strength is to play a high pressing high pressure game. This starts from the 2 forwards. Vassel and Smith are brilliant at channeling and pressing. Workrate is excellent. We controlled the game while they were on the pitch for the first 70 mins.

The problem with them is they dont give us that extra bit of quality going forward.

The game changed when they tired and we were forced to bring on Ladapo and Hirst on. They give us a bit more going forward but defensively poor.*

These 2 could not control their back 4 when in possession. They were able to bring the ball out from the back too easily.* We could get pressure on them which meant our midfield defended much deeper. That invites pressure.

Vassel gets a slating but think he does a real key job for us.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Do teams step up a gear and we just can't cope?

Them bringing on Stuart downing as a sub saids it all.
    And a former Germany international in Lewis Holtby. I think some people forget there's an opposition and think it's entirely down to us how the game pans out.

You can all say what you want to say to me but I am telling you that the reason we lost last night was yet again down to bad manament from Warny.

Why was it band managment? Because when you have the upper hand in a game and the team have a great shape and are keeping the other team out of our danger zone why would you change it? The answer is that you dont change it. 3 subs at once changed the dynamic of the team and it went down hill pretty quickly after those subs. Yes we had a chance or 2 after the subs but they also got more into the game and were able to keep the ball better and had a bit more time to find a pass. For 70 mins we had them where we wanted them and then hay presto Mr negative decided to go ........... errrrrr negative! We stopped pressing them and that boys and girls was our downfall. The other subs were also negative. Un frucking believable.

Unless the gaffer starts to wake up tacticaly and very quickly then there is no hope for us staying up this season.

How many of you remember when Forrest got religated? Everyone was saying "how have they lost that game?" It was because for 80 mins they were the better side by a country mile but for the last 10 mins they tried to keep what they had by stopping what they had done so well for 80 mins and try to see the game out for a draw and failed.

The players deserve better from the gaffer than to lose another game from his tactical errors.
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 17-12-2020 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Our real strength is to play a high pressing high pressure game. This starts from the 2 forwards. Vassel and Smith are brilliant at channeling and pressing. Workrate is excellent. We controlled the game while they were on the pitch for the first 70 mins.

The problem with them is they dont give us that extra bit of quality going forward.

The game changed when they tired and we were forced to bring on Ladapo and Hirst on. They give us a bit more going forward but defensively poor.*

These 2 could not control their back 4 when in possession. They were able to bring the ball out from the back too easily.* We could get pressure on them which meant our midfield defended much deeper. That invites pressure.

Vassel gets a slating but think he does a real key job for us.
    Vassell is nowhere near Championship standard no matter how hard you think he works, and I don't think he works particularly hard at all to be honest. He's routinely caught offside because he saunters about when a move breaks down, usually because he's failed to control the ball.....again.
    He's a waste of a shirt, probably a waste of a squad number too and I hope we move him on in January because he contributes so little.
    Just my opinion of course 😉.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    You can all say what you want to say to me but I am telling you that the reason we lost last night was yet again down to bad manament from Warny.
    You're fully entitled to that opinion, and I'm fully entitled to disagree with it I want. You saying 'I am telling you' doesn't make your opinion any more valid than anyone else's.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast