+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burnley

Burnley

WOW!!!!

Martinez
    Elmo
    Mings
    Hause
    Targett
    Marvelous
    SJM
    Traore
    AEG
    Jack
    Ollie

No Konsa? Traore and AEG???

Could get run over in midfield.

GULP!!!

Konsa is having contract negotiations at the moment. Don't know if that's anything to do with it but Engels in on the bench for the first time in a while.

Nakamba will do a good job... Tho, it is certainly very attack minded.

Anyone mind a 5-4 thriller?

As long as it's our way mate.

Otherwise, no thanks.

Just shows how weak our squad is. Nobody's fault, squad development isn't done overnight.

I'm not confident tonight.

1.Vlla whilst territorially dominant, were painfully blunt and lacking in imagination.

2. El Ghazi Couldn't finish a 2 piece jigsaw, somewhere in a parallel universe El Ghazi has somehow managed to bury 1 of the 8 good opportunities he had tonight! .

3. 10 aimless corners just a “1 here I am ball come & hit me on the head header by Hause”

4. I Just realised Traore is actually Fleegle from the Banana Splits, I'm putting more faith in the coronavirus vaccine than Villa getting their money's worth out of this guy !

All you can take from the shambolic finishing tonight is "staying up" day just got a bit closer!

Still on to Sunday..... away against a side sponsored by a boiler & managed by old Hippo head A K A Dudley’s answer to the Churchill Insurance Dog apparently since Sam's appointment the sale of white wine has rocketed @ Threshers stores in Sandwell

Barkley's back for the West Brom game, Grealish will go out wide and hopefully wreak havoc - I though Traore showed some signs of getting up to speed with the english game - got himself into good positions, he'll be among the goals soon enough.

El Ghazi isn't good enough for this league, had Hourihane played today with JG our wide I think we'd have won it.

With Konsa, Cash and Doug out, I thought that we’d struggle defensively, but no. Hause played well.

27 shots at goal, 8 by AEG alone!!! We hit the woodwork twice and a couple off the line, on another day we’d have broken the Prem scoring record.

Played well against an anti-football team. Jack should ask Mee for his legs back.

I’m all for two wide men, but not 2 from the 3 that we have.

Onwards & Upwards UTV

a year ago, we lose that game with a stupid mistake in injury time. Sometimes 0-0 is ok. We don't perform well against anti football teams. Onwards.

Thought El Ghazi had a good game actually. You could see he was desperate to make his mark hence the 8 chances he had. Unfortunately he was too desperate in his finishing. The one time he had time to compose himself Pope made an outstanding save. I just wish some of those opportunities fell to Watkins too. Think we would have won if they had.

Had we drawn with dingles and beat Burnlay, we would have said good results, still same amount of points! What we need is a morale boosting victory over boggies, if we get half the amount chances Sunday we wil win comfortably.
    Hopefully at full strength. Big Fat Sam will be using his bullish charms to gee them up but the cream will always come to the top, you just cannot turn A pigs ear into a leather purse. The bogrolls are down there for a reason and they will be going down again!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)