+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt palmer

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Looking at Ben Pringle stats he played 147 games for Rotherham ! as many as all his other teams put together ! winning his only honours in the game. Wonder if he regrets leaving RUFC ? I seem to recall when he left saying he didn’t know which way the club was heading ? On reflection it was Ben who didn’t understand where HE was going !
    A bit like the 'Fab Four'.....aka.....Taylor,Williams,Newell and Forde!

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Proctors record to me says he was a bad signing ! I could add Shaun MacDonald, Curtis Tilt, Trevor Clark and XXXXX that other midfielder who hardly got on field for us ? These make Billy Jones appear like a regular !
    I understand where your coming from but on the pitch Proctor could be good (would’ve be better than Smith imo ) but injuries put him out, can’t blame Warney or whoever for that, same goes for Tilt and Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Pringle is nearly 33 though and his lack of pace was always going to be an issue the older he got. I would imagine he had a couple of decent deals via Fulham and Preston so might have been a pretty decent career by the time he has done. Palmer on the other hand has been on the slope since the age of 23.
    Not sure he can blame it on his age James.
    He left us when he was 27 but Fulham only played him 15 times then farmed out to Ipswich then onto Preston. Only ten games for those two.
    A host of lower division teams then played him briefly and got shut quite quickly
    Surely at 33 should be a midfield maestro in division two with Morecame and able to dictate the game. Shouldn't need to run very far.

The posts sum it up. The thread was about Palmer and ends up being about Pringle and Proctor.

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    The posts sum it up. The thread was about Palmer and ends up being about Pringle and Proctor.
    OP mentions Proctor in his post

Palmer only played 1 game for Rotherham in the Millers relegation 2018/19 season, so didn't get a chance really, all together he played not much over 20 games for the Millers.

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    The op also mentions in the first sentence players who have gone downhill

If you just want to talk about Palmer then what's your opinion on him
    I thought his main drawback was that he was too lightweight. Far too easily knocked off the ball
    Last edited by flourbasher; 20-12-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Don't really have anything much to say about Palmer, as you say lightweighllt and didn't show much at all, always wondered why Burton let him go if he was any good. One of many players who have played a fleeting and forgettable part in our history.

This management never learns. Palmer was lightweight. We already had Taylor who was the same. Now we've got Clarke Flo Miller all same.

Palmer on the scoresheet today for Swindon at Charlton.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast