+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming games

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Don’t think so, the snow will act as an insulation so the pitch itself will be in good nick I think, it’s when it thaws it becomes a quagmire.

The hard part is getting the white stuff off the pitch! I had to ‘dig’ out two cars this evening and that was a lot of snow. The good thing about the current predicament is that the state of the surrounding streets etc won’t play any decision.
    Exactly! You ever tried shifting a foot of snow off a football pitch? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Exactly! You ever tried shifting a foot of snow off a football pitch? ��
    David Martindale used to be at shifting snow, should give him a call tomorrow

Decent result for us. Keeps Killie well in the sh*t with 6 defeats on the bounce now. Confidence for them has to be mega low despite a far better performance tonight. They're now 7 points behind us with the same games played.
    The good thing there is we now have three teams at least three wins behind us.It certainly gives us extra insurance and dare i say it the incentive to be brave and play for three points rather than one in certain games.
    I do not mean going to Ibrox and playing with gay abandon but we really should be going for win's against a failing Aberdeen side and any other side below them.

The whole of Scotland could have problems on Saturday as the weather switches to coming in from the Atlantic,good news as its warmer but bad news that its bringing in a front that will lead to more snow as it bumps into the colder air sitting over the whole country.
    At the moment the West has escaped the worst but there maybe postponements this weekend if the forecast is correct.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the Scottish Cup got cancelled. Following Covid, this was the one year we wanted reasonable weather but instead we’ve got a fixture pile up developing which will be added to on Saturday as there will be more postponements (probably including ourselves).

With it being as much as that mate i take it transport would be required to remove the snow?.If i'm correct this along with our undersoil heating would require money being spent and as we all know its unlikely the owner will sanction that.

The latest forecast i have seen now is the east will escape the snow on Saturday but although we will get bad weather on Sunday its more likely to be rain or sleet as the country slowly starts to warm up.The temperatures next week are up to between 7 and 9c.
    It may well snow in the west but they are saying its more likely to be lighter than what we have endured earlier this week.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me if the Scottish Cup got cancelled. Following Covid, this was the one year we wanted reasonable weather but instead we’ve got a fixture pile up developing which will be added to on Saturday as there will be more postponements (probably including ourselves).
    The establishment club's will fight this like phuck mate,The Rangers are hungry for silver,the Jambos want to show the country they are Premiership in all but name and the Dees having taken care of Bonnyrigg Rose and unbeaten at home for a very long time are saying,"This is our year."

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The establishment club's will fight this like phuck mate,The Rangers are hungry for silver,the Jambos want to show the country they are Premiership in all but name and the Dees having taken care of Bonnyrigg Rose and unbeaten at home for a very long time are saying,"This is our year."
    Could be another ‘first’ for the city’s Establishment Club GB. Go the entire year unbeaten yet still not break the 111 (ONE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN) year hoodoo. Remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    With it being as much as that mate i take it transport would be required to remove the snow?.If i'm correct this along with our undersoil heating would require money being spent and as we all know its unlikely the owner will sanction that.
    Mini tractor with a plough on the front mate. Both of which we have I'm sure. They'd likely take it down to an inch or two then hope the undersoil heating melted the rest. We'd be left with one very soggy pitch though.

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)