+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming games

Upcoming games

Apart from our next 2 aways, between now and March we have a run of games where we should be getting a haul of points.
    I'm not convinced Mickey is setting us up to defend a draw from the start, listening to Mickey yesterday he implied that the players themselves put the handbrake on.
    That suggests some players are not trusting others to do their job, and not pressing forward for fear of losing possession and getting caught.
    This absolutely is the finger being pointed at the midfield. They are either not capable or not confident enough to hold possession and create.
    Our next 5 home games especially are ones where we would want Mickey to tell players to go for it.
    Let's hope he sends this message by playing 4-4-2 or even 4-1-3-2 and not have both butcher and fuchs in the same line up, we don't need both.
    I would like to see:
    Benji
    Smith Reynolds Edwards Robson
    Fuchs
    Chalmers Clark Sporle
    Shankland McNulty

Mellon has plenty options for cover
    Connolly back up or sub for central defence Bolton McMullan to be the back ups or subs for Chalmers and Sporle, also some flex there if any injuries to full backs
    Harkes to back up or sub for Clark
    Powers or Butcher to back up or be sub for Fuchs

Really need to be looking at replacing Connolly and Reynolds who are getting turned too easy and beaten in the air, their distribution is honking.
    A midfielder who plays as a midfielder and not an additional defender or a headless eejit making pointless runs would also be nice.

Message to Mellon, change the system, get players telt, get the 3 priority players and get McLean in to renegotiate Benji's contract,

After seeing the impact the impact McMullan made yesterday I think he deserves to start on Wednesday (by the way it's a 6.30 kick off so don't get caught out)

Whether MM will do so, not so sure, he may look for a similar off the bench performance.
    Can't see MM dropping Connolly as he's put in much improved performances recently.
    Don't think he'll change from 5 at the back for kick off unless he wants to spring a surprise on Killie from ko but maybe we'll see 442 earlier this time.

I feel we need to win at least one of the next two games. Anything better than 3 points from the two games is a bonus imo

Interesting night as Celtic home to County, Hamilton v Livi, Motherwell v Sheep etc so a win could really put some distance between us and the teams below.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    After seeing the impact the impact McMullan made yesterday I think he deserves to start on Wednesday (by the way it's a 6.30 kick off so don't get caught out)

Whether MM will do so, not so sure, he may look for a similar off the bench performance.
    Can't see MM dropping Connolly as he's put in much improved performances recently.
    Don't think he'll change from 5 at the back for kick off unless he wants to spring a surprise on Killie from ko but maybe we'll see 442 earlier this time.

I feel we need to win at least one of the next two games. Anything better than 3 points from the two games is a bonus imo

Interesting night as Celtic home to County, Hamilton v Livi, Motherwell v Sheep etc so a win could really put some distance between us and the teams below.
    Perversely we’re pretty well back to where I was hoping we’d be coming into this run of games. But I was anticipating a draw at Livi followed by defeats by Sevco and Hibs but either way we’ve made it. What wasn’t in the script was St Mirren and Accies being either awarded points or gaining them on the pitch. Consequently it’s tightened up at the bottom more than I was hoping for. Previously, I was looking then for 4 points from the Killie/Well festive double header. Now I think we need the 6, bearing in mind we have then Septic and the Sheep away where I’m expecting phuck all.

The back 5 can return for Parkheid and Sheepsville but for the home games we have to be more positive as from we have seen at home to Accies when we went behind and yesterday also, when we ditch the three CHs and go to a flat back four with a bit more creativity in the midfield we are so much more positive and much more likely to get the wins we need.

Dons beat Killie today. Good result for us and one day less rest for them.

Killie have lost six of their last seven league games without scoring a single goal. We simply have to get three points in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Apart from our next 2 aways, between now and March we have a run of games where we should be getting a haul of points.
    I'm not convinced Mickey is setting us up to defend a draw from the start, listening to Mickey yesterday he implied that the players themselves put the handbrake on.
    That suggests some players are not trusting others to do their job, and not pressing forward for fear of losing possession and getting caught.
    This absolutely is the finger being pointed at the midfield. They are either not capable or not confident enough to hold possession and create.
    Our next 5 home games especially are ones where we would want Mickey to tell players to go for it.
    Let's hope he sends this message by playing 4-4-2 or even 4-1-3-2 and not have both butcher and fuchs in the same line up, we don't need both.
    I would like to see:
    Benji
    Fuchs
    Chalmers Clark Sporle
    Shankland McNulty

Mellon has plenty options for cover
    Connolly back up or sub for central defence Bolton McMullan to be the back ups or subs for Chalmers and Sporle, also some flex there if any injuries to full backs
    Harkes to back up or sub for Clark
    Powers or Butcher to back up or be sub for Fuchs

Really need to be looking at replacing Connolly and Reynolds who are getting turned too easy and beaten in the air, their distribution is honking.
    A midfielder who plays as a midfielder and not an additional defender or a headless eejit making pointless runs would also be nice.

Message to Mellon, change the system, get players telt, get the 3 priority players and get McLean in to renegotiate Benji's contract,

Lets not try again to re-invent the wheel with another new formation. It 100% has to be a 442 from now on as we have seen in the spells we have played it we have looked much better. We will win some and lose some but imho we play that formation and we will stay up.

Next 2 games id go

Benji
    McMullan Fuchs Butcher Sporle/ or Bolton
    Shankland McNulty/or Clark

In my opinion, if you are going to play McNulty, Clark and Shanks. Move McNulty just behind the other 2 I think he has a creative spark and a decent strike. He might not have quite the match fitness yet, but all in all I think he is a clever player.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    In my opinion, if you are going to play McNulty, Clark and Shanks. Move McNulty just behind the other 2 I think he has a creative spark and a decent strike. He might not have quite the match fitness yet, but all in all I think he is a clever player.
    Ive not seen much of McNulty, but i think he is the type of player i would like to see floating about to create the chances. For example, the chance he created for Chalmers and having a hand in both(?) of Clarks goals v Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Lets not try again to re-invent the wheel with another new formation. It 100% has to be a 442 from now on as we have seen in the spells we have played it we have looked much better. We will win some and lose some but imho we play that formation and we will stay up.

Next 2 games id go

Benji
    McMullan Fuchs Butcher Sporle/ or Bolton
    Shankland McNulty/or Clark
    I like the look of this team.

We should have competition for places rather than accommodating players - square pegs in round holes.

In terms of form I felt Connolly was actually Vg v Hibs.

From above choices I’d make

Benj
    Smith Reynolds Connolly Robson
    McM Fuchs Butch Bolton
    Shanks McN

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I like the look of this team.

We should have competition for places rather than accommodating players - square pegs in round holes.

In terms of form I felt Connolly was actually Vg v Hibs.

From above choices I’d make

Benj
    Smith Reynolds Connolly Robson
    McM Fuchs Butch Bolton
    Shanks McN

I'd go with that only prefer Sporle over Bolton on left

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)