Sort of normal for this time of year, I know, to be looking at the upcoming transfer window. But I thought I'd put it out there to see what everyone thinks. even more than most years, there's a lot of factors to consider going into January's transfer window.
  • Do we actually need any new players in?
  • Who, if anyone, do we need to ship out; whether that be on loan or permanently?
  • Given the Covid-19 pandemic, is it more important to keep the purse strings tight or, given the fact that we're riding high(ish), should we be backing the manager to achieve the impossible?
  • If we do need players; who/what position do we need?

I'd be really interested to see what you guys think. For my own opinion? I think we need a midfielder that can affect the game in a similar way that Callum Ainley was before his injury (Admittedly, he was somewhat inconsistent in his success. He is the very definition of 'mercurial'. However, if he was that consistent, he wouldn't be playing for us). We've really missed that 'X' factor of a midfielder that can go past players, pick a pass and get in the box. I also think we need a someone like Stephen Walker that we had last season. His direct running at defences scared them to death and he had that desire and ability to get into goal scoring positions. However, if it meant risking our financial stability, I would be more than happy to continue on with what we've got. Apart from that, and maybe the offloading of one of our centre halves (Nolan?) just to get a player we're not really utilising off our wage bill, that's it.