+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boggies Away?

Boggies Away?

Well, if anyone is bothered, I'm going for a draw tonight. Think we will go a goal down to a re*****ised boggy side but a roasting off Smith at HT will see us equalise late on. Don't know why but I think VAR will raise its ugly head tonight?

Not a case of being bothered or not Dave. In these crazy days, a message board really isn’t high on the priority list for some, especially 7:15 on a School night. Listening to the radio comms and drunkenly doing the housework (with a broom up me ar5e, so that I can sweep up at the same time).

1 up at half-time, sounds like we’re doing ok. Nice finish by AEG, according to the commentator.

Well i was being over generous to Olbion, my god they are a very very poor team. If I was Big Sam I would throw the towel in and start building for next year. We should have ran out winners by 6 or 7, strange, this was not like a derby at all. Sams dirty tactics backfired, it was obvious that the priority was to cripple Grealish. The cream came to the top in the end.
    UTV

Sacking Bilic will prove to be about as much use as swapping deckchairs on the Titanic

WBA should have appointed Harry as manager ….Harry Potter that is !

Sam Allardyce’s Wimbledon tribute act requires an extraordinary ammount of turd polishing to have any chance of saving the Boggies got to say it was a real joy to see his 'work in progress' limping along

Sammy Lee got the call & was soon ferreting around his garage blowing the cobwebs off his training cones On Friday W B A played against the cones only to loose 0-3,

Boggies fans will have to keep shoving sharp things into their legs to prevent themselves from dropping off into coma.

Jesus H Christ the thought of having to endure such football !has there ever been a better time to be an Albion fan ?

Disappointed at us only winning 0-3 I was hoping to put an air of respectability to the scoreline

Their game-plan was to sit deep and let us have the ball, there's no way they could have gone toe to toe as we'd have murdered them. I have to give them some credit in that Sam Johnstone didn't have a busy night for all our possession but I also want to praise our lot for patient play, it could have got nervy at 1-0 in the last 15. It's not very often we have to play against a team that parks the bus but on the basis of tonight's game I think a few sides at the lower end of the table will do so against us.

Good team performance again, confidence flowing through us.

This is the difference between a newly promoted side and one that just got by last year. We have been able to add a bit of quality and established a very good defensive unit. The baggies may well still stay up, there's a long way to go. I can't see where their goals will come from. Maybe they could get Gayle back?.

Good, determined, attacking patient performance by us tonight. Grealish, McGinn, Cash, El Ghazi all fantastic. We need more options from the bench. Please Traore got his goal and set up another by my lord he is properly one footed!

Spot on Sam, I had the same thought too about Gayle funnily enough and yes they may well yet stay up.

I just don't get it with these one-footed professional players, surely it would dawn on them to practice night and day as kids as it's a totally different game when you have good balance.

I have checked the highlights several times and can someone tell me, what part of Ollies body was offside? I heard that if the defender is off the ground you have to measure from his back heel and if any part of the forward is beyond that then thats why he was off side and the fact his arm was playing him on.....🥴 are they making this up infact is the same people in charge of Covid rules, there both made up in my opinion! Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    I have checked the highlights several times and can someone tell me, what part of Ollies body was offside? I heard that if the defender is off the ground you have to measure from his back heel and if any part of the forward is beyond that then thats why he was off side and the fact his arm was playing him on.....�� are they making this up infact is the same people in charge of Covid rules, there both made up in my opinion! Sigh.
    V A R is basically Some ‘Erbert @ Stockley Park in a confessional booth twiddling about on a refurbished “Etch A Sketch” who de-cyphers what he wants to see

I like Watkins but he ain't gonna be a top striker until he learns to sprint with his arms flat against his sides V A

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)