+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An early visit from Santa needed at Fir Park

An early visit from Santa needed at Fir Park

Aberdeen come to Fir Park for an early evening (1815) kick-off on Wednesday. - External Link

Name:  santa.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  6.2 KB

Bizarrely we probably couldn't ask for a better opponent - Aberdeen are obviously favourites but Robinson has had McInnes rattled since the League Cup quarter-final and we often seem to dig out big results against them.

But that needs a massive turnaround to recent form, we're in one of those runs (yet again!) where you just can't see where a win is coming from.

It’s very simple this season to predict our results. If the opposition score we don’t win simple as that, we haven’t won a league game this season in which the opposition have scored.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    It’s very simple this season to predict our results. If the opposition score we don’t win simple as that, we haven’t won a league game this season in which the opposition have scored.
    I would also add worsened if Lamie and Mugabi in starting line-up.

I would play Grimshaw, O'Hara, Gallagher, O'Donnell as the back four and given the 'success' of our wingers I'd be tempted to ditch then for Maguire, Campbell, Crawford, Polworth as a diamond. Lang and Watt up top. Flaws aplenty but as a starting point it minimises the number on the park who simply can't play football at all which is as good a starting point as any.

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    I would also add worsened if Lamie and Mugabi in starting line-up.
    Totally agree dasdeid

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    I would play Grimshaw, O'Hara, Gallagher, O'Donnell as the back four and given the 'success' of our wingers I'd be tempted to ditch then for Maguire, Campbell, Crawford, Polworth as a diamond. Lang and Watt up top. Flaws aplenty but as a starting point it minimises the number on the park who simply can't play football at all which is as good a starting point as any.
    Totally agree with team selection and logic behind it COYW

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    It's even worse than that! We haven't even managed a draw in a match in any competition this season in which the opposition has scored first or taken the lead against us. A truly woeful statistic.

No result will surprise me from this game. We could easily lose by two or three but given we seem to be able to dig out big wins against Aberdeen when the pressure is really on Robinson then it would be no shock if we won this by two or three either.

To be at Christmas having not scored a single equaliser this season is pathetic.

Could do worse than include 'A Best Of Robinson' signings ...

Chapman
    Grimsham - Mugabi. - Lamie - McGinley
    Seedorf - Crawford - Polworth - Hastie
    White - Long

Subs - H. Robinson called back for family xmas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)