+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brucie Excuse Bingo

Brucie Excuse Bingo

This thread replaces the 'Positives from tonight' thread as there literally is no point.

C'mon, Liikape, this is the only fun we're going to have tonight so why not join in?

I'm going for the obvious ones (and whilst they're factual, please don't mistake them for genuine reasons for that abomination of a performaance)

Covid
    They've already beaten 3 PL teams in this run
    End of a tough year

3 in a row wins, folks. Let's have yours.

We didn't have our first team strip on
    It was raining
    The kebab shop on the old kent road was shut,

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    This thread replaces the 'Positives from tonight' thread as there literally is no point.

C'mon, Liikape, this is the only fun we're going to have tonight so why not join in?

I'm going for the obvious ones (and whilst they're factual, please don't mistake them for genuine reasons for that abomination of a performaance)

Covid
    They've already beaten 3 PL teams in this run
    End of a tough year

3 in a row wins, folks. Let's have yours.

Im still very dissapointed. Fraser cross first half should have been an goal. Wilson is and looks very much an good player.

Usually just missing a semi final in the league cup would bring some positives. Not this one. Each round has been almost as embarrassing as the last due to the quality of the opposition and the difficulty we’ve had to get through.
    Then again maybe we should be patting Bruce on the back for this cup run, eh, deluded Geordies - what do you think, IlikeApes?

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Usually just missing a semi final in the league cup would bring some positives. Not this one. Each round has been almost as embarrassing as the last due to the quality of the opposition and the difficulty we’ve had to get through.
    Then again maybe we should be patting Bruce on the back for this cup run, eh, deluded Geordies - what do you think, IlikeApes?
    Christ. I will not answer more to this than say that you propably arent sharpest pen in...anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by liikape View Post

Im still very dissapointed. Fraser cross first half should have been an goal. Wilson is and looks very much an good player.
    Don't get me wrong...in many ways I'm disappointed but I'm not surprised. I agree, Wilson is a very good player...but they really should have scored when that lad had the goal at his mercy and headed wide.

The reason I say many ways is because there is a part of me that's relieved that Bruce won't be able to use a fluky win-because that's all we're ever capable of-to justify his appalling brand of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Don't get me wrong...in many ways I'm disappointed but I'm not surprised. I agree, Wilson is a very good player...but they really should have scored when that lad had the goal at his mercy and headed wide.

The reason I say many ways is because there is a part of me that's relieved that Bruce won't be able to use a fluky win-because that's all we're ever capable of-to justify his appalling brand of football.
    That is propably right. I hate Ashley and I certainly dont like Bruce. After Benitez we will never have an great manager appointed by Magic Mike. You guys listed the managers we have had under Ashley. Thats the norm under him. I just want some postives from you. Thats what I get when I visit Newcastle. If not positives then at least sarcasm.

That is propably right. I hate Ashley and I certainly dont like Bruce. After Benitez we will never have an great manager appointed by Magic Mike. You guys listed the managers we have had under Ashley. Thats the norm under him. I just want some postives from you. Thats what I get when I visit Newcastle. If not positives then at least sarcasm.
    I just think that, the Ashley/Bruce combination when added to what's gone on this year, means that positivity is very scarce indeed. People have reached the end of their tether. Believe me-we all want to be positive about our team but the well is dry.

Christ. I will not answer more to this than say that you propably arent sharpest pen in...anywhere.
    That’s not a road you want to go down, mate.....and it’s ‘sharpest tool in the shed’...,

We are rubbish and im a useless manager and i resign with immediant effect

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)