+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Cosgrove will hopefully be sold
    I've been living in hope of that happening since the day we signed the useless tw@t, but in all honesty I have a bad feeling that we are going to be stuck with him. I canna see any manager being daft enough to waste any cash that they may have access to on buying Cosgrove, we are stuck with him as well as McInnes.
    But all is good remember McGhee

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    I've been living in hope of that happening since the day we signed the useless tw@t, but in all honesty I have a bad feeling that we are going to be stuck with him. I canna see any manager being daft enough to waste any cash that they may have access to on buying Cosgrove, we are stuck with him as well as McInnes.
    He is the main reason we've turned into a horrific team to watch again. He is beyond hopeless - literally NEVER manages to control the balls played up to him, very rarely wins anything in the air, hardly ever makes decent runs off the ball. Most of his goals have been penalties, or when the ball has luckily broken kindly to him and he's just booted it without giving it much thought.

As much as I think Scott Wright will make a difference when he comes back, I actually wonder whether he and Hedges will be as effective with Cosgrove in front of them. When they had Watkins in front of them they had someone who could control the ball, keep the ball, link the play, win headers, run intelligently off the ball etc. He allowed Wright and Hedges space and gave them an option to play the ball, and he brought the wide players into the game, and got us up the park by holding the ball. He was quite literally everything Cosgrove isn't. Main is somewhere between Cosgrove and Watkins - he doesn't have the ability of Watkins, and he doesn't have the goals of Cosgrove, which actually makes him even more useless. He does however run around and put himself about - he's basically Stevie May.

Stick big Ash up front and stick Cosgrove in defence. I bet you we would hardly notice the difference. Put Ash on the penalties and he will have a similar scoring record.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Stick big Ash up front and stick Cosgrove in defence. I bet you we would hardly notice the difference. Put Ash on the penalties and he will have a similar scoring record.
    You're probably right. Ash would actually win more in the air than Cosgrove does. The goal he scored yesterday was the kind of goal Cosgrove scores occassionaly. Cosgrove's obviously been given penalty duties ahead of Ferguson again to bump up his goal tally and transfer fee.

We can surely sell our midfield now that Cosgrove is back. We can just go out and get more defenders who can pass the ball about in our half. When they are done with that they can then pass it back to Lewis who will blooter it up to Cosgrove to miscontrol or more likely go through to the opposition keeper. That would be my observation of our tactics while Cosgrove is on the park and let's be honest we are stuck with him now.

At least on the rare occasion we do get down the wings we can trust we have the talent to get in a decent cross to pressurise the defence. No laughing at the back!!

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    To be fair Cosgrove has scored 18 out of 19 penalties, which is a good record by any comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    There was a French manager daft enough to do just that a few months ago ......sacre bleau!

Bit unfair on Cosgrove. He's not that bad a footballer although he hasn't looked very sharp since he's came back from injury. The issue is McInnes and his inability to try anything different. It's budget constraints though...

I’m not a big fan of Cosgrove either but he has 47 goals in 98 games which is what he is paid to do.

And yes penalties count.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

And yes penalties count.
    Penalties do count, no one is denying that. Ash Taylor would give Cosgrove a run for his money up front and if he was on penalties he would be there or there abouts on the scoring front. Stick Cosgrove in the centre of our defence and he will do similar to Taylor.
    The football is that bad at the moment that it would certainly make it more interesting to watch. C’mon Anchor Man, get it done.

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast