+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window

A desperate attempt to change things on an attacking perspective during his last transfer window with us. We all know he is away in the summer (nobody signed on a pre-contract and no new player signed permanently) which will be a relief for us all. The players he has signed are not playing much for their clubs and will more than likely take time to adjust to our team. The good thing is Cosgrove and Main are away and I hope we can realise that it won’t really matter who is up top for Aberdeen because it’s the way we as a club play football that’s the problem. McInnes won’t change folks and will still sh!t the bed when we still play Celtic and the huns.

As a few have already said, never seen this coming in this window, but it's done now and it's time to get on with it.
    Few positives for me:
    The sell of the Donkey for a sh1t load of cash more than he is worth.
    Wright going to the huns now as him staying and DM regularly playing him would have caused a real bad feeling throughout the squad.
    Getting McCrorie on now as it removes any risk of that dirty cheating hun b@rstewards reneging on the signing at the end of the loan
    Lump of wood Main gone.

Like I have said, I dont know enough about any of the three strikers signed yesterday to make any comment at all, I just hope we have not felt the need to replace one donkey with three.

Time will tell.
    Welcome the dons lads and go on out there and make a name for yourselves.

Onwards and Upwards
    COYR

It's a shame fans aren't allowed in the stadium just now. I could see a very simple chant to this tune for our new frontman...

He's Hornby, Hornby, Hornby, Horbny, so Hornby, Hornby, Hornby, Hornby tonight.

https://youtu.be/-j6muYHRX90

...Or we can pinch the refrain o' Paul McCartney's 'Temporary Secretary' for Flo Kemberi - since he's only ours on loan ...

Tempo - rerrr - ry
    Flo Kam - berrr - ry
    (repeat ad nauseum)

I see that we are not getting our £800K back for Hernandez (not this year anyway) as he is now loaned to Atlanta for the whole of the MLS season so pretty much for this calendar year. No word on what happens after that

Hopefully he gets game time and will come back stronger.

He’s like Bruce he’s had enough chances here, playing at the Copa America is probably his level !!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I see that we are not getting our £800K back for Hernandez (not this year anyway) as he is now loaned to Atlanta for the whole of the MLS season so pretty much for this calendar year. No word on what happens after that
    Did we ever actually pay out that £800k then ??

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Did we ever actually pay out that £800k then ??
    Looks like we did. The accounts for last year show that we spent £1.3M on transfers, the majority of which will have been for Hernandez as we didn't spend much money on anybody else

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Looks like we did. The accounts for last year show that we spent £1.3M on transfers, the majority of which will have been for Hernandez as we didn't spend much money on anybody else
    Didn’t the linkup with Atlanta bring in the investment that’s funded the transfer ?

Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast