+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window

January Transfer Window

The man with the dirty beard will probably be looking to add to his defensive side of the team but I would argue we have big problems in our attacking areas. Our wingers are currently hopelessly failing at getting decent balls into the box and our strikers are grim. Wright and Hedges need each other on the pitch to bring out the best in them and unfortunately we haven’t had too much of that this season.
    GMS being linked with us and on his day a very good player. I would take him back. Edmondson is guff, I would sell Cosgrove and Watkins is out until February so I wouldn’t be tempted to get him back on loan as his ends in January. Leigh is not great so I wouldn’t renew any interest in him beyond this loan. Hernández is getting sold so it will be interesting to see what we do with the funny money we will receive.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    The man with the dirty beard will probably be looking to add to his defensive side of the team but I would argue we have big problems in our attacking areas. Our wingers are currently hopelessly failing at getting decent balls into the box and our strikers are grim. Wright and Hedges need each other on the pitch to bring out the best in them and unfortunately we haven’t had too much of that this season.
    GMS being linked with us and on his day a very good player. I would take him back. Edmondson is guff, I would sell Cosgrove and Watkins is out until February so I wouldn’t be tempted to get him back on loan as his ends in January. Leigh is not great so I wouldn’t renew any interest in him beyond this loan. Hernández is getting sold so it will be interesting to see what we do with the funny money we will receive.
    GMS is a no from me , too lightweight and too inconsistent.
    We’re far too soft letting all these former players waltz back in after they’ve buggered off for more money .

Taking GMS would be a mistake. A player that goes missing, gets mystery injuries and has a decent game once every now and again. Surely that position is already covered by our current duds. That said it is a textbook McInnes signing.

It will be interesting to see what other rabbits he can pull out of the hat though. Our physios need the practice.

I do fear we will be stuck with the lazy donkey though.

I’ve watched so little of this squad I shouldn’t really have an opinion, but that’s never stopped me before.....so.......

Hernández

Do you really think that any of that money will end up in a transfer kitty?
    I very much doubt it was our money that was spent on him in the first place.

Very very unlike AFC if it was.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Taking GMS would be a mistake. A player that goes missing, gets mystery injuries and has a decent game once every now and again. Surely that position is already covered by our current duds. That said it is a textbook McInnes signing.

It will be interesting to see what other rabbits he can pull out of the hat though. Our physios need the practice.

I do fear we will be stuck with the lazy donkey though.
    GMS is a far better player than Kennedy could ever dream of being.

Problem is he isn’t good at tracking back.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    GMS is a far better player than Kennedy could ever dream of being.

Problem is he isn’t good at tracking back.
    Would the system we’re playing this season suit GMS better? Playing through the middle alongside Wright or Hedges with someone like Watkins ahead of him. I could see him linking well with them. He’s not a wing back so would be pointless playing him out wide in this system but I’d probably take him.

Sell Cosgrove, release Devlin, sell Ojo, send Edmondson back but potentially try and sign Watkins. Maybe pre contract on the boy Campbell from Motherwell as a replacement for Ferguson who’ll likely go in the summer.

The Caithness current crusader can do one.

He was pish first time round. He had two maybe three barnstorming games and many anonymous passenger type affairs. He also hates being tackled.

Waste of time before and i cant see him improving anything if he skulked back

I fully expect McInnes to sign him

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

Sell Cosgrove, release Devlin, sell Ojo, send Edmondson back but potentially try and sign Watkins. Maybe pre contract on the boy Campbell from Motherwell as a replacement for Ferguson who’ll likely go in the summer.

Sell Ojo?

Good luck pal.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Sell Ojo?

Good luck pal.
    Must be other delusional clubs out there, can’t just be us! Maybe we can swap him, loan him or terminate him instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Must be other delusional clubs out there, can’t just be us! Maybe we can swap him, loan him or terminate him instead.
    Terminate him??!!
    I ken he’s a dud like but surely we canna go all Asta la vista on him ?
    Maybe terminate his contract would be more morally acceptable.

Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast