+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The worst LB in living memory

The worst LB in living memory

That award goes to Douglas.
    Another crap result. Another woefully poor defensive display. Organised by a man who played 100's of games at Centre half.

A side going nowhere, lead by a clueless bloke who has still not improved is in 3 seasons in the Champ.

You cant blame Stoke or Sheff Wed.
    Blame Douglas who gave them a goal today. Pathetic. Every game this tosser has played, has been crap. He is on loan ffs. Send him back. He has been as poor as Lenihan.

Barnsley above us in the table. Think of the money wasted? Think of the academy. Think of the excuses.

Move him upstairs, move him on. Them we can start to try to move forwards.

3 seasons now. A **** load of movet.
    And Barnsley are above us.

The scary thing is, today was predictably ****e.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    That award goes to Douglas.
    Another crap result. Another woefully poor defensive display. Organised by a man who played 100's of games at Centre half.

A side going nowhere, lead by a clueless bloke who has still not improved is in 3 seasons in the Champ.

You cant blame Stoke or Sheff Wed.
    Blame Douglas who gave them a goal today. Pathetic. Every game this tosser has played, has been crap. He is on loan ffs. Send him back. He has been as poor as Lenihan.

Barnsley above us in the table. Think of the money wasted? Think of the academy. Think of the excuses.

Move him upstairs, move him on. Them we can start to try to move forwards.

3 seasons now. A **** load of movet.
    And Barnsley are above us.

The scary thing is, today was predictably ****e.
    venkys wont get rid of mowbray. i ve come to accept this and just try to get enjoyment from each individual game.

Luckily he is only on loan.
    He came with such fanfare and promotions to back it up.
    He has been painfully disappointing and when the alternative is bell,its not looking great that side.
    Mowbray will be here for at least the season and I am a little bit like saxo and try to take each game as they come.
    2 very winnable away games coming up against teams that wont bore you to death,plus we have a good squad to select from.
    Now what to do at left back 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Luckily he is only on loan.
    He came with such fanfare and promotions to back it up.
    He has been painfully disappointing and when the alternative is bell,its not looking great that side.
    Mowbray will be here for at least the season and I am a little bit like saxo and try to take each game as they come.
    2 very winnable away games coming up against teams that wont bore you to death,plus we have a good squad to select from.
    Now what to do at left back 🤔
    He cant put Bell back in now the idiot has destroyed him. Killed his confidence and keeps trying to find better replacements who have either been injured or embarrssibgky bad. So we have no real choice now. Stock with a guy who has been a 2/10 at best when he was played. He has made is worse. And our manager has taken the lad 10 years younger who we own out of the side. Killing him. As he does with alot of young players.

People forget, Travis got on our side due to a suspension to Ritche Smallwood. Not because he was clearly better. The idiot hasn't got a clue. I'm just counting down the days until he leaves. As he has taken us as far as he is capable of.

For every bad run in this league,a good run follows.
    We have gone 6 without a win and I fancy that to change against huddersfield.
    Fortunately the players you have mentioned are on loan or out of contract at the end of the season.
    When mowbray was told of the availability of trybull and Douglas,given their pedigree at this level,I am not surprised he jumped at the opportunity.
    They have both disappointed,especially douglas.
    Travis was injured and bell was average at best,both positions needed filling and 2 supposedly good players were available and despite mowbrays failings even he isn't to blame for that.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    For every bad run in this league,a good run follows.
    We have gone 6 without a win and I fancy that to change against huddersfield.
    Fortunately the players you have mentioned are on loan or out of contract at the end of the season.
    When mowbray was told of the availability of trybull and Douglas,given their pedigree at this level,I am not surprised he jumped at the opportunity.
    They have both disappointed,especially douglas.
    Travis was injured and bell was average at best,both positions needed filling and 2 supposedly good players were available and despite mowbrays failings even he isn't to blame for that.
    Trybull was missing our important game the other day due to family reasons. I'll try that one next time I fancy a day off. See how that works out.

Its a joke.

Bell had done absolutely nothing wrong in the games he played this season. Nothing at all. I'd even say he looked pretty good.
    If the manager is unable to see that Douglas is so far beneath the expected level, then he should not be in a job.

The last time Douglas performed at this level was 4 seasons ago. He barley played for Leeds last season. I'm questioning it? What pedigree? 4 years ago is a long time.

For me it goes to show how out of touch Mowbray is. Trybull is often not picked even when fit? And when fit, even when not injured he cant be arsed to turn up.

I dont blame him. The idiot sticks with Johnson 3 games a week. The last half decent game Johnson has was back in those opening weeks when we where beating newly promoted sides who played with 10 men and people thought we where half decent because we scored a few goals.
    It was pointless bringing him here. To play Johnson over him. I'm questioning that.

Why bring Ayala in? He cant play left CH. So why bring him in? He was never getting on above Lenihan. And he is injury prone. And costs us goals. Another experienced player brought in who has added nothing. I'm questioning that.

The keeper is ....ok. at best. Doesnt save much. And it took is 3 seasons to find a pretty average at best keeper. Other than Elliott everyone we brought in during summer where midtable going nowhere experienced players who will bit improve us.

The worry is, they all play above our own expensive academy players. And the likes of Bell, Davenport, Chapman, Dolan, Butterworth...players we own .....dont her games. Or get any better. Because of this over reliance on playing crap experienced players like Douglas.

He has had his chance. Any good manager would now see that.

Disagree on the keeper as I can see the quality he brings,shame 3 of the 4 defenders in front of him are utter ****.
    The rest I am full agreement with.

The keeper is average. No better or worse than Raya.

Again I disagree on that one.
    The keeper is better than raya and has potential to be one of our best.
    He cannot be to blame for what's in front of him.
    You could be the best keeper in the world but if your defence is shocking,then you will let in goals.
    I completely agree on the rest of your assessment but this particular one I wont.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)