+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: George Galloway at Dundee game

George Galloway at Dundee game

How on earth was this guy invited along to Palmerston yesterday as I was under the impression that owing to Covid rules members of Joe Public were not allowed - I bet the local and national press have a field day with this story which imo is
    a massive own goal by the club and also treating the real Doonhamer fans with total distain.

Apparently he stays in D&G is a season ticket holder and is looking to sponsor Queens.. An official guest of the club?? Is the problem who the person is? Rather than the issue of the board inviting a possible investor?

So if you have a bit of cash to throw at Queens any Tom, Dick and Harry can be invited along and the Scottish Government rules just be ignored ?

I don't know the Gov rules so don't know what breaches were made..

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Apparently he stays in D&G is a season ticket holder and is looking to sponsor Queens.. An official guest of the club?? Is the problem who the person is? Rather than the issue of the board inviting a possible investor?

Galloway his wife and 3 children should not of been anywhere near Palmerston Park yesterday. What a slap in the face this is to every Queens supporter who’s been locked out since March. He only became a season ticket holder a few days before after a visit to the club shop and a meeting with Hewitson apparently.
    I couldn’t care less if he’s planning to invest any money in our football club as we don’t want it. This could go down as one of the biggest in a long line of PR disasters yet.

You only have to read social media to see how angry the Queens fans are.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    I don't know the Gov rules so don't know what breaches were made..
    Don’t think any as he stays near Irongray and apparently was invited by Queens(Hewitson)

It’s the fact that him and his family were asked along whilst us long suffering fans still can’t attend matches.

Unfortunately I am sure the chairmen of many football clubs in the country have invited people to games this season, Agree its certainly not fair to all the supporters that can't get to games but that's the benifit of being a football club chairman.

I would welcome any investment in the club from anyone either in or out of the public eye.
    Perhaps his friend from Celeb Big Brother Rula Lenska will invest also? LOL

Another fan PR shambles to add to the pile...

What can you say about this indefensible, inexcusable and crass decision to allow this joke of a narcissistic man accompanied by his bored looking family into a Queens game ahead of their own loyal supporters. The apology was almost as bad as the error itself with no explanation or justification for the monstrous PR cock up which will be remembered for a very long time.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)