+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: V Chelsea

V Chelsea

Hopefully match will go ahead knowing the amount of snow falling!
    I wouldnt mind it being called off to rest up.the players for Friday v Utd.
    IF it goes ahead then for me I would take a draw now 1-1
    Mings out, no Barkley but a tough ask having played just 48 hrs ago!
    Would we rest anyone or play the strongest team. Traore must start v his old team.

Cracking result Dave. Again, one and all take a bow.

No bookings for the 3 Musketeers, happy days.

5th, unbeaten in 5, AEG 5 in 5 could have won it with Ramsey and SJM strikes. The Ladz looked a tad tired but got to give it to them, great result away at Chelski. Rest up ladz only Manure next....

Great away point as we never get anything there. Ramsey almost tucked it in after a great header from Watkins. McGinn was immense in defense and almost cracked a beauty. Very satisfying point well done lads.

Excellent performance from the lads. That’s the first time in a few matches we have had to dig in and they did it tremendously especially as they had played a match only two days before. Chelsea put a new team out and still had it full of internationals. McGinn was awesome. Shame about his crossbar shot but a draw was a fair result.

I’m a bit concerned about the 2v1 situations with Cash and he was getting swamped at times. Think Dean needs to look at this as it was our undoing against Leeds too. Maybe a combo of Cash and Elmo might be better that Traore in those situations?

Our bench looked a bit thin and didn’t really possess anyone who could change a game if we needed to.

Anyway, minor points and a terrific performance. Hope they are rested well for the Manure game.

UTV

Good point considering we didn’t play as well as we could.. like the look of Ramsey when he came on but wish smith would have a bit more faith with squad rotation cos some of the lads looked knackered n Chelsea played 2 days before too.. all that said what a run we’re on n how good to see us in 5th place n really confident against United tbh..

Some tough decisions for deano cos both hause and konsa are playing well as are troare and gazhi but would probs bring Ross off bench for one of them if needed..

Gazhi is playing so well lately can’t see him being dropped ?

Have to give credit to Chelsea and Lampard, they stopped us playing our free-flowing counter attacking football for the most part and Traore's lack of tracking back to support his team-mate had me fuming. I know he hasn't been here long but every other player is working their socks off for their team-mates and I would expect that culture to rub off on him.

Huge credit to our lads, could easily have won it (as could they) and earned a well deserved point after going behind, great character.

I expect the United game to be more open which will suit us, move Jack out left and stick Barkley in the middle at the expense of El Ghazi who should replace Barkley after an hour when he's shot.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)