+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is right....

Who is right....

On Mondays game thread,me or Frank?

Can it be said that the RESULT of 0-0 before ko is correct,I shall stand by the majority vote

For some matches in some South American c­unteries the result is known by some people before the kick-off.

A result is an outcome. You’re talking about the outcome of a football match, which can’t be determined until it’s run its course, other than in the mind of a lunatic.

You are correct Chalky.

Here we go again. In a court of law, i would win hands down. It clearly states the score, the result or whatever, BEFORE kick off. What i am remiss on is using the wrong words, which might be construed as as deliberately misleading.

When a fixture is arranged, the score, the result, so far, by default, is 0-0.

Here i am, a whiter than white individual being challenged by a self confessed cheat, a duper, a narcissist, a fly by by night, a chancer, a fellow with no morals. And the person he cheated, General Griff, takes his side.

I shall summon kel, and ask his opinion.

Kel would get lost trying to find his way over here and tbh I don't even think he knows that this place exists

The RESULT was 0-1 so you owe me a tenner and check the wording of your bets next time is my advice,you got online banking Frank?

I’ve worked in courts, Frank, and you would lose hands down. Every piece of legislation has a list of definitions, and lawyers have learned tomes that cover every word, however obscure. I once debated, in court, the definition of the word “artist” in the context of the application of immigration law for half a day. I no longer have access to those books, but a quick look in t’interweb shows a definition of result:

“ (n) Result is the consequences or outcome of an action, event, law suit, petition, appeal , request etc declared or otherwise becoming apparent on the conclusion of the action or events etc.

Transfer that logic onto a football match and it’s apparent that the result is only apparent on its conclusion i.e. the final whistle.

You lose Frank.

It looks like the judge is requesting for his black cap on his verdict Frank

Oh, law eh. Any law would identify the words BEFORE KICKOFF as just that. Before kick off the score is 0-0. The law is always about the smartest, but even the dumbest can understand before kickoff.

That is not you griff.

I accuse you of entertaining anti south prejudice, anti conservative prejudice, and anti frank prejudice. I accuse you of peddling lies, an unreasoned hate of anything that makes you look ordinary.

I accuse you of nordic morality, slashing, cutting and killing in a mindless way, but on a computer. I accuse you of being a fan of Sissel skyrjjbbo.

I accuse you of being a downtown Brondby tramp, a drunkard, bearded, toothy and abusive. I accuse you of being a scot.

p.s, the result is before kick off, when the game kicks off, all bets are off, the terms " before kick off no longer applies.

You’re hanging your stupidity out to dry for all to see Frank. You said: “ i can foretell the results of any game on monday before kick off.”

Result. Not score. If you had said score you would have technically been correct, especially as you didn’t use a comma after the word Monday. But by using “results” you delayed the bet until the score at the final whistle.

You lose Frank.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)