+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ferranti/Meadowbank/Livingston capitalist larceny

Absolute disgrace that was off again. Livvy should be paying our travel costs.

Good to see a ref front up and explain decisions. They need to be accountable. Well done McLean (not a phrase I use often) for doing this.

That said and in the spirit of accountability, it seems to me implausible that two hours before the game the pitch was playable yet at kick off time there was water lying on a sheet of ice. Surely the ice must have been there 2 hours before kick off. Would be extraordinary weather conditions for rain to fall but turn to ice on contact with the ground. By it's very nature rain is above freezing point and tends to thaw ice when it falls. Dodgy explanation from a guy used to dodgy decisions (as far as we see them without explanation).

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Good to see a ref front up and explain decisions. They need to be accountable. Well done McLean (not a phrase I use often) for doing this.

That said and in the spirit of accountability, it seems to me implausible that two hours before the game the pitch was playable yet at kick off time there was water lying on a sheet of ice. Surely the ice must have been there 2 hours before kick off. Would be extraordinary weather conditions for rain to fall but turn to ice on contact with the ground. By it's very nature rain is above freezing point and tends to thaw ice when it falls. Dodgy explanation from a guy used to dodgy decisions (as far as we see them without explanation).
    There was still a pile of filthy sna lying by the ‘pitch’, presumably scraped off before the Dingwall match on Sunday. Its nae having melted suggests that the temperature in West Lothian is as cold as a hoor’s heart. Under-pitch heating would have sorted that out, but they’re too tin-pot cheapskate to have it, whilst at least two clubs in the division below benefit from it.

****in amateurs.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345