+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Check Out These Stats

Check Out These Stats

Ok. I'm still hurting after that defeat. There is still a minority of people who want Ardley out, but just check out the games we have lost.

1-0 away to Dover (they scored in 90th min was it? and we dominated, deserved a draw at least).

3-2 at home to Maidenhead (we were 2-1 up...just a freak result? Still deserved a draw).

1-0 at home to Boreham Wood (draw would have been fair result).

1-0 home to Hartlepool (draw was the least we deserved after 2nd half performance and Jimmy's goal).

The only result was Aldershot away 1-0 where we deserved to lose.

Plus, we have only ever lost by a 1 goal margin. Its not like we've ever been tonked.

Take in to account the late equaliser for Halifax and we should have a points tally closer to 30 than 20.

It really is those fine margins and if we can get them swinging in out favour we still have a chance of automatic. We still have Torquay to play twice.

Keep the faith!! X

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Ok. I'm still hurting after that defeat. There is still a minority of people who want Ardley out, but just check out the games we have lost.

1-0 away to Dover (they scored in 90th min was it? and we dominated, deserved a draw at least).

3-2 at home to Maidenhead (we were 2-1 up...just a freak result? Still deserved a draw).

1-0 home to Hartlepool (draw was the least we deserved after 2nd half performance and Jimmy's goal).

Plus, we have only ever lost by a 1 goal margin. Its not like we've ever been tonked.

Take in to account the late equaliser for Halifax and we should have a points tally closer to 30 than 20.

It really is those fine margins and if we can get them swinging in out favour we still have a chance of automatic. We still have Torquay to play twice.

Keep the faith!! X
    This won't go down well with some, but the Maidenhead game was when we had 4 or 5 players out with Covid. I don't think you can just overlook that. Without that game, the defeats have all been 1 - 0.

I am keeping the faith!

It's becoming ever clearer that we are just not clinical enough in front of goal. It's difficult to chastise a defence that has conceded 2 goals in 7 games but our conversion rate compared to chances created is slowly worsening. I should add that a chance isn't necessarily a missed goal attempt.

Keep the faith!! X
    Doesn't matter that we lost by 1 goal. We lost simple, plus 3 home defeats already. Promotion sides turn those into draws, wins.

Yep, just 1 goal margins which shows we've been 'in' all the games. Dont care if it doesn't go down well with some. The stats are there...we just need Torquay to stop taking steroids !!!

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Doesn't matter that we lost by 1 goal. We lost simple, plus 3 home defeats already. Promotion sides turn those into draws, wins.
    Don't disagree with you fella, I'm just trying to look on the positive side. Remember last season? We were shyte for ages at the beginning, and if it wasnt for Covid, I truly believe we would have caught Barrow in the end. We were looking unstoppable.

Yep, 3 home defeats not good enough, but I reckon if we had all the fans down the lane it would be different.

Seen teams beaten 3-0 that have been "in" the game, means SFA. Stats are 3 home defeats. Stats can say we have a tight defence only conceded 3 goals in the last 3 games but lost them

All of this is true, but also kind of the problem and has been throughout Ardley’s tenure. We’re a good team, well organised defensively, dominate possession in most games and play some really nice football in spells.

But we clearly lack the ruthless mentality you need to turn defeats into draws, draws into wins and relentlessly pick up points. I think we’re pretty reflective of our manager in that we’re generally good, but just a bit.. nice?

Don't disagree with you fella, I'm just trying to look on the positive side. Remember last season? We were shyte for ages at the beginning, and if it wasnt for Covid, I truly believe we would have caught Barrow in the end. We were looking unstoppable.

Yep, 3 home defeats not good enough, but I reckon if we had all the fans down the lane it would be different.
    It's hard to look on the bright side with Ardley, has a knack of letting you down too often. He simply isn't good enough for a club the size of Notts

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    This won't go down well with some, but the Maidenhead game was when we had 4 or 5 players out with Covid. I don't think you can just overlook that. Without that game, the defeats have all been 1 - 0.

I am keeping the faith!
    If we're talking specific games, I'll mention the opening one of the season at Dover. Unlike last, we had a trouble free pre-season and had the advantage of a competitive game, while they were in complete disarray with an incomplete squad which still included a few trialists in their final pre-season friendly. The result was that they took the three points. In the following nine games they've played, out of the 27 points on offer they've taken another three! After 10 games, half of the points they have accrued were against us!

I know laddo will harp on about it being just one game, and it was indeed just one game just like the other 43. My worry is that the "just one game" excuse will become quite a few games before the season is over.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast