+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Check Out These Stats

To be a miserable sod & look at it the other way though...

Sutton Win - We only scored after a poor clearance from the GK & then probably should have had a penalty few minutes before.

Chesterfield Win - If they could defend a set piece we would have lost 2-1

Stockport Win - We scored from a mistake from their defender.

It's clear we need Cal back and possibly Thomas, as he seems to compliment Wooton.

Might be worth trying Wooton and Sam up top together as a plan B for some games and getting loads of balls in the box/playing the percentages. Like you say, could be a less 'nice' approach which could win us a few more games.

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffthewalls View Post
    To be a miserable sod & look at it the other way though...

Sutton Win - We only scored after a poor clearance from the GK & then probably should have had a penalty few minutes before.

Chesterfield Win - If they could defend a set piece we would have lost 2-1

Stockport Win - We scored from a mistake from their defender.
    Yep. All good points you've raised there.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    It's clear we need Cal back and possibly Thomas, as he seems to compliment Wooton.

Might be worth trying Wooton and Sam up top together as a plan B for some games and getting loads of balls in the box/playing the percentages. Like you say, could be a less 'nice' approach which could win us a few more games.
    Our biggest problem, IMO, is that we have Reeves and Doyle doing the same job in there. They’re both fine at it, but there’s no need for both of them to be starting the vast majority of games, let alone not even taken off when we’re desperately chasing a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Our biggest problem, IMO, is that we have Reeves and Doyle doing the same job in there. They’re both fine at it, but there’s no need for both of them to be starting the vast majority of games, let alone not even taken off when we’re desperately chasing a goal.
    Mmm. I see where you're coming from, but I think the problem lies more with the lack of clinical finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Mmm. I see where you're coming from, but I think the problem lies more with the lack of clinical finishing.
    Today it was - before that we haven’t really created enough chances in the games we’ve lost, though, and never seem to have enough bodies in the box.

To be fair, our biggest problem is not having Roberts available. He’s our best player by a mile, and also our biggest goal threat probably. With Thomas also out, it’s not hard to see why we’re struggling for goals.

Torquay are unlikely to keep up such a ridiculous pace, and we definitely need to see how things look when the injured players are back. I would probably still back us to finish second or third, but as I said earlier, our mentality just isn’t that of a title winning side IMO.

I’ve read today that ‘we battered them’ and that all we lacked was ‘finishing our chances’. That second sentence is as easy as ‘if Turner didn’t make that almighty cock up against Halifax we’d have won’ .

If the league table had a column for ifs and excuses Ardley would be up there with Pep and Klopp.

Impressive selective 'stats'.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If we're talking specific games, I'll mention the opening one of the season at Dover. Unlike last, we had a trouble free pre-season and had the advantage of a competitive game, while they were in complete disarray with an incomplete squad which still included a few trialists in their final pre-season friendly. The result was that they took the three points. In the following nine games they've played, out of the 27 points on offer they've taken another three! After 10 games, half of the points they have accrued were against us!

I know laddo will harp on about it being just one game, and it was indeed just one game just like the other 43. My worry is that the "just one game" excuse will become quite a few games before the season is over.
    Like I told you at the time but you chose to ignore. I was told on here that Dover had a poor preseason, and oh look they are rock bottom, 6 pts from 10 games. As I said to you previously that's how I (and many others) judge a start to a season, let's see where everyone is after 10 games not 1 or 2 games suggested.

I thought they would struggle at the start of this season due to their preseason but I must admit I didn't think my point would be so beautifully illustrated by the Kent outfit with such a meagre points return from a full 10 games.

Marvellous

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast