+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Cup Draw

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Not a team Queens have played very often in the Scottish Cup the last time in 2007 when the Hi - bees won 2 - 1 at Palmy with John O'Neil scoring in front of 6,182
    I think Queens played Hibs a few times at Palmerston in the League Cup in modern times.

Depends what is your definition of modern times - we have met 5 times in League Cup in 26 years

The earliest game I remember going to at Palmerston was queens v hibs in the 70s. I think it was a cup game and I'm sure Danny ferrie scored in a 2.0 win, although I may be wrong about the result. I'm sure it was a midweek game under the lights. Any of our older posters remember this game and add any facts?

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    The earliest game I remember going to at Palmerston was queens v hibs in the 70s. I think it was a cup game and I'm sure Danny ferrie scored in a 2.0 win, although I may be wrong about the result. I'm sure it was a midweek game under the lights. Any of our older posters remember this game and add any facts?
    I could look up the Queens history book for details?

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Depends what is your definition of modern times - we have met 5 times in League Cup in 26 years
    Remember a few in the early 2000s at Palmerston vs. Hibs...

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Season 77/78 League Cup
    17 August Hibs Away 2-1 O'Hara & P. Dickson (Pen) Att: 4585
    Ball, McChesney, O'Hara, McLaren, Clark, Boyd, Dempster, Ferrie, Reid,
    P. Dickson & O'Neill Subs: Bryce & Cloy
    24 August Hibs Home 0-0 Att: 3489
    Ball, McChesney, O'Hara, McLaren, Clark, Boyd, Dempster, Ferrie, Reid, P. Dickson & O'Neill Subs: Bryce & Coughlin
    (Coughlin replaced Ferrie)
    Season 72/73 League Cup
    19 August Hibs Away 0-3 Att: 7054
    Ball, Totten, Connel, Easton, Boyd, Dickson, Dempster, Hamilton, Malcolmson, Donald & Bryce Sub: Smith
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 10-01-2021 at 04:21 PM.

Season 2003/04 League Cup
    28 October Hibs Away 1-2 Burke (Pen) Att: 7613
    Scott, Paton, Thomson, Reid, Aitken, Burns, Bagan, Bowey, McAlpine, O'Connor & Burke
    Subs: Wood, Lyle, McColligan, Gibson & Dodds
    (Wood replaced McAlpine)

Season 2012/13 League Cup
    28 August Hibs Home 2-0 Clark & Reilly Att: 2658
    Robinson, Mitchell, Durnan, Higgins, Holt, Carmichael, Young, McKenna, Orsi, Lyle & Clark
    Subs: Atkinson, Reilly, Black, Gibson & Johnston
    (Gibson & Reilly replaced Clark & Lyle)
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 10-01-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Season 2016/17 League Cup
    9 August Hibs Away 3-1 Dobbie, Anderson & Dykes Att: 7646
    Robinson, Hamill, Dowie, Brownlie, Hooper, Anderson, Millar, Jacobs, Dykes, Lyle & Hilson
    Subs: Thomson, Rigg, Dobbie, Moxon, Tapping, Pickard & Brotherston
    (Brotherston, Dobbie & Rigg replaced Hamill, Hilson & Lyle)

There was also a Scottish Cup match in Season 2006/07
    24 February Hibs Home 1-2 O'Neill Att: 6198
    MacDonald, Paton, J. Thomson, Lauchlan, McQuilken, O'Neill, Adams, Scally, Gibson, Dobbie & O'Connor
    Subs: Robertson, Barrowman, Weir, Henderson & Corr
    (Barrowman & Weir replaced O'Connor & O'Neill)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)