+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Last game of the year Match Thread and all that sh1te

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Jeezuz bovril min.
    Have you started your Hogmany celebrations already, can I get some of what your on?
    I’m just fantasizing what life could be like for all Dons fans if some of this dirty cash starts getting spent on the club instead of just laundering it !

Although it’s a very tantalizing prospect today with our team of silky soccer players traveling to the wonderfully named Spaghettihad arena .

Looks like this is big Ron Hernandez farewell match. I hope he gets the good send off he deserves for his outstanding contribution to the club over the past year. Legend.

I suspect this will be yet another truly horrific game of football to watch, with 2 giants who can't play football deployed up front to take the battle to Livi on their frozen plastic pitch. Maybe we'll score from a scramble after a corner, or win another penalty. I predict we'll complete a grand total of 2 crosses that actually make it into the box, and 75% of Cosgrove's touches will end in the ball going out of play.

We will likely end up with a draw, or 1 goal will decide it either way. If we win it's a decent points tally from December, but the reality is it's been a fairly easy run of games that we should have been winning anyway. Fingers crossed we can keep racking up the points though and maybe get back to playing proper football sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Looks like this is big Ron Hernandez farewell match. I hope he gets the good send off he deserves for his outstanding contribution to the club over the past year. Legend.
    Is Ronnie going to join a zoom call at the side of the pitch from South America ?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    and 75% of Cosgrove's touches will end in the ball going out of play.

maybe get back to playing proper football sometime.
    Aye DC pal, and the other 25% of his attempted touches where he does not touch the ball at all he will end up doing what he always does and throws himself to the ground, for a big lad he spends almost as much time on his @rse than he does on his feet ffs.

As for playing decent proper football again at some point, according to DM interview on Red TV Scotty Wright could be in contention and possibly even find a place on the bench for the Arab's game on Saturday, he has been a big miss and Hedges has appeared lost without him at times. So with Wright back that will be a step in the right direction, another step in the correct direction would be for us to bring in an actual football player as a striker instead of the two fekkin lumps we currently play in that position. A Marley Watkins type even on loan for the rest of the season would be good for us.
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 30-12-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Hearing there is a pitch inspection at 2pm WTF is that all about.
    Pitch inspection on a plastic pitch, is this a wind up

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Hearing there is a pitch inspection at 2pm WTF is that all about.
    Pitch inspection on a plastic pitch, is this a wind up
    Game is off

Quote Originally Posted by Skacel View Post
    Game is off
    Aye game postponed because of a frozen pitch, jeezuz fkn christ you really could not make this sh1t up, since when did plastic pitches fkn freeze.
    Have never been a fan of Livi and their greedy @rse attitude at the best of times but for this to happen the chunts should be fkn fined big time that is a fkn disgrace.

Let's face it, it's nae loss.

Nae bus loads of fans hearing the news when they're approaching Perth.

Just think, we will get to play the rearranged match on some balmy February evening, with a star studded line up of all the new players we bought in January.

Frozen macaroni.

That’s my afternoon ruined. I’m sure it would have been brutal viewing anyway but was looking forward to watching. Nevermind.

H10 Each Club shall provide, maintain and use in such manner as to ensure its efficient and effective operation an adequate winter pitch protection system. Such systems shall be fully utilised by the Home Club before any League Match or Play-Off Match where there is a reasonable possibility of its pitch otherwise being frozen or covered in snow or ice so as to ensure that the League Match is able to take place at the venue and on the date and time scheduled notwithstanding such possibility.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast