+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours - Diego Costa

Transfer rumours - Diego Costa

As taken from an article on the BBC website. Personally I think this could be an answer to our problems whilst Raul recovers .... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55476267

Spain striker Diego Costa has agreed an early end to his Atletico Madrid contract, paving the way for a possible Premier League return.

The 32-year-old, whose deal was due to expire next summer, fell out of favour at the Spanish club.

He has made only three appearances, all as a substitute, since mid-October.

"The striker asked to leave the club for personal reasons a few days ago and on Tuesday signed the termination of his contract," said Atletico.

"The club thanks Diego Costa for his dedication during these years and wishes him well in the next stage of his professional career."

Luis Suarez and Joao Felix have been preferred to Costa up front this season.

Arsenal and Wolves have been linked with moves for Costa, who won two Premier League titles during his three-season stint with Chelsea.

Costa scored 59 goals in 120 games for Chelsea, but his spell ended in acrimony after then manager Antonio Conte told him via text message that he was not part of his plans for the following season.

Past his best but would love to see his ugly mug in a Wolves shirt. Just his intimidating presence in the penalty area would give us something we haven,t got now, namely a reason to get the ball in there ion the first place.

Haven’t watched him since he was last in the Prem, but Silva is just a hair late or hair out of place. Could have several goals the past couple games. Costa might just be able to finish those same opportunities.

Doesn’t seem like a Wolves signing in this era. In the past we’ve been happy to take players on the decline. Moutinho and Patricio are really the only similar signings I can think of under this regime.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Haven’t watched him since he was last in the Prem, but Silva is just a hair late or hair out of place. Could have several goals the past couple games. Costa might just be able to finish those same opportunities.

Doesn’t seem like a Wolves signing in this era. In the past we’ve been happy to take players on the decline. Moutinho and Patricio are really the only similar signings I can think of under this regime.
    We've never been this stuck for goals though mate.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    We've never been this stuck for goals though mate.
    I don’t disagree, but he’s a bigger personality than anyone we’ve signed since....? Nuno runs a tight ship. Now, he’s played well for those kinds of coaches in the past (Mourinho, Conte, Simeone etc), but is that what he wants? I would be pretty hesitant to sign him to anything beyond a 6 month contract just because if he’s ends up disrupting the locker room, it’s not that hard to tell him to take a hike. Longer contract and you’ve got more investment in him and makes him tougher to get rid of.

I’m with Mich on this doesn’t seem like a Nuno signing, he could totally change the dynamic of our squad... and not necessarily for the best. We don’t need any big egos or fire brands, Jović who’s also being touted might be the answer, but I don’t see that one happening! I expect another from the Portuguese league to come in.

Loca Jovic at Real Madrid also being mentioned as a possible. Not sure his reputation would suit Nuno.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Loca Jovic at Real Madrid also being mentioned as a possible. Not sure his reputation would suit Nuno.
    What have you heard Abbo?

Norton it may only be paper talk and rumour, but I think his lifestyle may be better suited to the bright lights of London at West Ham for instance. A bit of a playboy. Time will tell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Norton it may only be paper talk and rumour, but I think his lifestyle may be better suited to the bright lights of London at West Ham for instance. A bit of a playboy. Time will tell!!!
    He doesn’t sound like a good fit... add Paul Bahoken of Angers to the rumours list, 28 and scoring freely this season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)