+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The opposition view - Harrogate

The opposition view - Harrogate

There is only one opposition view and it’s worth a look. I’ve tried to register over there but the site claims that my email address and username are already taken even though, obviously, I’ve never had the need to try to post over there before. Perhaps that’s why their board is almost moribund.

Anyway, enjoy, its from Whiterose11”

“I know Harrogate fans do not com e on here any more so this is for any Carlisle fans

Why support a cheating team

As said on your form

"By my reckoning 7 players injured who could feature in the 11, we didn't need this game tonight. A bench full of kids with little or no experience. The ref has done us a favour"

Not a favour but a massive bung

Not problem for any players who wanted to play no risk of injury seen Just one team who thought hey were going to massacre Harrogate tonight going 1 -0 down and then going oh shi** how do we change this - I know we get the ref to abandon for know reason whats so ever

Compete disgrace of a team and therefor4 the club - I trust the Board of Directors will take action against the Management and sack them tonight otherwise they should all resign as they do not pass the fit and proper test of being a Director

Carlisle to pay compensation to every Harrogate fan for not the cost but taking the name of sport into dispute and the club for its costs and same again Total payout to be no less than £10m and donating it to Harrogate hospital. Do I expect it NO because they are not fit and doi not know the meaning of sport and being honourable“

Care in the community is obviously alive and well in Yorkshire. We cheat, we give bribes, we forced the ref to abandon the game, we should sack our manger and his assistants, we should refund the Harrogate fans (even though they’ll get their money back or get access to the rearranged fixture) and, in addition, give £10 million to charity. All because, it has to be said, the Harrogate ground staff couldn’t produce a playable surface.

Go well, Harrogate.
    Last edited by griff; 29-12-2020 at 09:33 PM.

That post has a familiar ring to it.

Any chance someone who participates in Predictocomp has stolen your email address and username?

Hmmm. Someone who can’t spell or punctuate. I’m on your wavelength.

Apparently it took a stud,so was the pitch covered,if not why not.If clearing snow off the pitch involved a lot of people it would have impacted the playing area and therefore with falling temperatures would make it worse.To me pitch covered game on and with players running all over the pitch it would have been fine,but what do i know apart from the weather because its what i do,incidentally like i said with these air mass types (A+PM)it will be bloody cold for a long time.

Well two weeks on by Tuesday i expect Monday will sort this fixture out as regards the pitch and there should be no problems whatsoever and the following Saturday as-well where ever we are playing,good eh.

Couldn’t resist a bit of a pastiche

I know Harrogate fans do not com e on here any more but this is for them anyway.

Why support a cheating team ?

The ref has done you a favour.

Not a favour but a massive bung to the Electricity Board.

Compete disgrace of a team and therefor4 the club - I trust the Harrogate Board of Directors will take action against the Management and sack them tonight otherwise they should all resign as they do not pass the fit and proper test of being a Director

Harrogate to pay compensation to every Carlisle fan for not the cost but taking the name of sport into dispute and the club for its costs and same again Total payout to be no less than £10m and donating it to the Cumberland Infirmary. Do I expect it NO because they are not fit and do not know the meaning of sport and being honourable“

Look the pitch was more than playable with the thaw on Sunday followed by an even warmer Monday.There would have been no frost in the ground.However Monday night a weather front came down from north to south with rain on it which we got up here but sadly as it slipped south cooled further hence the snow for them when i suspect the groundstaff were caught out and should have had the covers on just in case.Monday morning panic stations,quick get the fans out to clear the pitch.Power cut has saved blushes all around for the groundstaff,With snow heat reflects off the pitch and the sunny day and above freezing temperatures it would have been fine.Put fans on it would ice over quicker.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)