+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hatred

Hatred

I have never bought into the intense rivalry and vile hatred of fans towards other clubs. Yes, I want us to beat the Albion and the Villa, but I don't think of them in a repugnant way.

Having played and competed in most sports, and coached in quite a few, I have always looked upon sport as a pastime to be enjoyed, either as a competitor or a spectator. But after last nights game I am quickly developing a distinct dislike to Manchester United and their fans.

I started reading the Manchester United Red Cafe fans forum on Saturday when they opened the discussion prior to our game lest night. Initially a few of their fans were concerned about us, knowing that their record recently wasn't that good. While a number of fans thought they would smash us as Raul was out and we would only have had a days rest. Post Spurs they were convinced that we would be tired and there for the taking.

Well I have trawled through over 70 pages, both pre, during and post on the Cafe, and the vile hatred to Wolves and us fans is an X rated read. They call our club and players (Something that you would scrape of your shoe). Few gave us any praise.

How dare Wolves come to Manchester United, the biggest club in the world with a massive plastic fan base and nearly snatch a draw. We were disgrace, so anti football, parking the bus -- and it went on and on and on.

If we parked the bus how come we had more shots on goal than them? Why was De Gea the busier of the two keepers? The fans bias was beyond belief, well perhaps it should be expected. No humility what so ever.

I do hope they get their comeuppance soon, and to me, them winning the Premier League this year would be a travesty.

I so do want to give them a real beating in the future.

Ive felt like this about them for some time now Abbo, quite an unpleasant team and set of fans I agree.
    I remember when we put them out of the Fa cup in our one season in the Prem, that gave us such enjoyment because they simply didnt think we even deserved to be on the same pitch as them. Quite a loathsome attitude to be honest.

As for local rivals, we're the same when it comes to Leeds, SheffUre, Sheff Weds, Huddersfield, & Rotherham. These are the games we look forward to and enjoy the most. In fact, its absolute comedy gold whats happening at Sheff Weds right now.

Totally agree with everything you and Acido have said. I've been an "ABU" for sometime. I read some of the comments on the BBC match comments and bias doesn't come near. I can only imagine that for the majority, walking must be a painful experience, as their knuckles drag along the pavement.

I scan that message board on a regular basis and generally regardless of the opposition the comments are of a naive, knee jerk and sometimes infantile nature. I don't think the maturity or age level of most of the contributors is very high. Also don't forget it is a message board and the people who use it [many of which are based overseas] are only, for all their huffing and puffing], a tiny majority of the fan base.

I am sure there are many many reasonable Utd fans out there, it's just that they can't be bothered with the "Red Cafe" type of platform for their opinions.

Here over in the states, I have not met many Villa, West Brom or Brum supporters. I know one each for Villa and West Brom and neither are people I interact with on a regular basis whereas I’m assuming most Wolves supporters live in the Wolverhampton, greater Birmingham area so they come into a lot of contact with fans of those clubs and you hear about it from coworkers and friends if they beat us. I know they are our rivals because I’ve read up on the history of the club and when we play them, you can feel the intensity from the stadiums whether you’re watching or listening.

I’ve met more Barcelona, Bayern and Real Madrid fans here than of our historic rivals. Lots of ManU, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham fans over here. I always root for those clubs to lose, if for nothing else than their bandwagon supporters getting what’s theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Totally agree with everything you and Acido have said. I've been an "ABU" for sometime. I read some of the comments on the BBC match comments and bias doesn't come near. I can only imagine that for the majority, walking must be a painful experience, as their knuckles drag along the pavement.
    Cheers Bill.
    I like the comment abaart knuckle dragging, is that what all the ManUre morons do when they walk around their home streets of London.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    I have never bought into the intense rivalry and vile hatred of fans towards other clubs. Yes, I want us to beat the Albion and the Villa, but I don't think of them in a repugnant way.

Having played and competed in most sports, and coached in quite a few, I have always looked upon sport as a pastime to be enjoyed, either as a competitor or a spectator. But after last nights game I am quickly developing a distinct dislike to Manchester United and their fans.

I started reading the Manchester United Red Cafe fans forum on Saturday when they opened the discussion prior to our game lest night. Initially a few of their fans were concerned about us, knowing that their record recently wasn't that good. While a number of fans thought they would smash us as Raul was out and we would only have had a days rest. Post Spurs they were convinced that we would be tired and there for the taking.

Well I have trawled through over 70 pages, both pre, during and post on the Cafe, and the vile hatred to Wolves and us fans is an X rated read. They call our club and players (Something that you would scrape of your shoe). Few gave us any praise.

How dare Wolves come to Manchester United, the biggest club in the world with a massive plastic fan base and nearly snatch a draw. We were disgrace, so anti football, parking the bus -- and it went on and on and on.

If we parked the bus how come we had more shots on goal than them? Why was De Gea the busier of the two keepers? The fans bias was beyond belief, well perhaps it should be expected. No humility what so ever.

I do hope they get their comeuppance soon, and to me, them winning the Premier League this year would be a travesty.

I so do want to give them a real beating in the future.
    There’s a simple reason for their animosity, we have and are capable of beating them.

As Woody says most of the fans on Red Cafe have probably never been to Old Trafford, historically there fans have always been arrogant and gobby though....

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)